The resolution of XMBC

2scoops

3 Quick questions

1, Is there any way of checking what resolution XBMC is playing a file in?

(I connected my XBox Via the MS Component HD Cable
I changed my Xbox to NTSC and enabled all the video options (720p) etc in the MS Dashboard.)

I popped a DVD in and the picture looks awesome, but is there any other way of telling what the res is or do you just trust XBMC too pick the right res?

2, Is it best to leave 1080 disabled if your TV doesn't natively support it.

3, Also i'm don't use my Xbox for games playing so does this mean i can disable the 480 video setting

THANKS!

borland

2scoops said:
3 Quick questions

1, Is there any way of checking what resolution XBMC is playing a file in?

(I connected my XBox Via the MS Component HD Cable
I changed my Xbox to NTSC and enabled all the video options (720p) etc in the MS Dashboard.)

I popped a DVD in and the picture looks awesome, but is there any other way of telling what the res is or do you just trust XBMC too pick the right res?

2, Is it best to leave 1080 disabled if your TV doesn't natively support it.

3, Also i'm don't use my Xbox for games playing so does this mean i can disable the 480 video setting

THANKS!
on my samsung le32r41bd i just push "info" button and i can see current resolution on screen. normaly it's alaways the same as it's been set up on XBOX.

gullarm

If you play DVD's thru the normal XBOX DVD remote ( the one with the dongle ) it plays in 480i.

However if you enable 480p,720p and 1080i in the xbox set up screen, then load XBMC and play a DVD that way it plays in 480p.

Only figured that out last night?

I watched EQULIBRIUM in 480i over the weekend, then played it thru 480p last night. Ddint know the X-box did this thru DVD playback.

Another point if you watch the `making of the film` , all the motion is blurred and the movement is very jaggy, probably something to do with the XBOX outputting in Progressive but the recording only saved in Interlaced.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom