The Reef: Stalked Movie Review & Comments

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
I will clearly not watch this movie but your review provided enormous entertainment. The concept of a "shark slacker movie" will have me smiling all day. I look forward to one day watching "Fin-Jay and Fangy Bob".

JohnnyMN

This film was hilarious.

Watched it with my pal and the bit where
the shark hits the boat at the speed of sound, he shouted "jeezo, some c***s fired a shark bazooka at them" 😂 😭 😂 Most Scottish reaction ever.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Damn why is it so tough to find decent shark movies. The Shallows finally raised the bar but since then there's been nothing for us to get our teeth into.

GhostRider17

Damn why is it so tough to find decent shark movies. The Shallows finally raised the bar but since then there's been nothing for us to get our teeth into.

Have you seen Shark Bait? I saw that the other weekend and really enjoyed it.

Mallardo

I will clearly not watch this movie but your review provided enormous entertainment. The concept of a "shark slacker movie" will have me smiling all day. I look forward to one day watching "Fin-Jay and Fangy Bob".
"Sharks" A comedy about two 20 something great whites working in a convenience store in New Jersey.

Fade In

The original 'The Reef' film is quite good, best shark film since Jaws.

But yes, most shark films are bad, usually due to poor effects. Not helped by the Sharknado franchise.

I think the problem is finding a new and original angle, they all tread the same water.

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
I was always very fond of the first Deep Blue Sea movie. Much horror mirth. The Samuel L. Jackson speech cut short was hilarious.

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
A shoal of killer bull sharks in a flooded Australian townland could be a good premise for a shark movie.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
A shoal of killer bull sharks in a flooded Australian townland could be a good premise for a shark movie.

funny you should mention that 🤔

and it's actually pretty good (co-written by Russell Mulcahy, director of Highlander and Razorback)

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
funny you should mention that 🤔

and it's actually pretty good (co-written by Russell Mulcahy, director of Highlander and Razorback)
I'll have a dig for that on the streamers.

encaser

Typical assumption that it's a male shark. Clearly, though, if it was female, it would've been far more aware of its surroundings, not just crashed into other seafarers and got the job done whilst talking to the kids.

jamesjoc

4? I’d put Jaws 4 higher than this pile of poop !!

Really enjoyed The Reef, but I don’t even want to start on where this one went wrong..

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom