• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Recruit (Spoiler Question)

Garrett

I cant find an other thread on this film so hears one on this 2003 film that was on TV the other night.

If Al Pacino was getting the woman to smuggle vital information out of CIA headquarters to sell why did he have Colin Farrell trying to uncover the smuggling operation. If it was to give himself an alibi it certainly backfired on himself.

Saying the above I realy enjoyed the film and enjoyed the twist in the story.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Found this on imdb forums and explains it quite good dispite some plot holes in the film I really enjoyed this.

At no time does Layla say who she was to give ICE9 to. She said it was an agency sanctioned mission. Burke was a recruiter and worked on the farm. Once a recruit becomes a member of the CIA he/she would report to a different head. This means that Burke would need Clayton to steal ICE9 from Layla so he can "catch him" and take him out to reveal he was a mole. Layla would say that Clayton followed her and stole ICE9 from him. Burke would only be implicated in the bust and not in the actual stealing of ICE9. Ice9 is thought to be fake so Burke would replace the real virus with the fake one (which he said he switched), Burke explains this in his speech at the warehouse at the end of the movie. Watch that scene again. He explains Clayton has no cover, Burke does, Clayton killed an agent, shot at Burke, hit him (part of the story), and said Clayton vowed to get the CIA back for turning their back (assuming this is about his father). This sounds like a good explanation and coming from a highly repected CIA agent the agency would believe his story over a dead "mole". This would pull any suspicion off him. The CIA is not run by one department head there are many facets just check out the website. So this should eplain why Burke needed Clayton, with him he gets away with stealing the virus.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Underrated film although I don't like the Director much but an excellent vehicle for AP's shouty acting that I love so much.

Liam

MAX1210

Prominent Member
underrated film although i don't like the director much but an excellent vehicle for ap's shouty acting that i love so much.

Liam

hoo-ah!!!

the id

Established Member
Bridget Moynahan...yummy :p.

Sorry there a little distracted by other thoughts. Enjoyed the film, not one for my collection but worth a view.

War

Garrett

Bridget Moynahan...yummy :p.

Sorry there a little distracted by other thoughts. Enjoyed the film, not one for my collection but worth a view.

War

I thought she was a bit classy and not overt in her looks, reminded me somewhat of Senta Berger who I class as one of the most beautiful actresses ever.

the id

Established Member
I thought she was a bit classy and not overt in her looks, reminded me somewhat of Senta Berger who I class as one of the most beautiful actresses ever.

Spot-On with the Senta Bergar comparison Garrett...Bridget Moynahan for me has that timeless beauty and enigmatic screen presence that very few actresses have.

Just for fun here are just two more:

Loiuse Brooks.
Gene Tierney.

War

Garrett

Spot-On with the Senta Bergar comparison Garrett...Bridget Moynahan for me has that timeless beauty and enigmatic screen presence that very few actresses have.

Just for fun here are just two more:

Loiuse Brooks.
Gene Tierney.

War

Don't know the first one you mention but looks like we have similar taste I find Gene Tierney that had that something. Only watcher he last week in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and she in one of my favorite films Laura. Your right with the word enigmatic, they have something you cant put a handle on but what ever it is I like it hell of a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom