The Reckoning (Shudder) Movie Review & Comments

Jessica Noir

Offt! That’s disappointing. I hope Marshall finds his feet again and returns to the multi character genre films he made his name with rather than this vanity project or dodgy Millennium films like Hellboy.

Gambit1977

The signs were there with Doomsday, or maybe even Centurian.

The Descent is superb, Dog Soldiers a crazy bit of fun but his misses far outweigh his hits now.

not sure we can count tv episodes as they have a very specific remit from showrunners etc.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review - I think I'll be avoiding this one unfortunately.

Over time it certainly looks like being called Neil "The Descent" Marshall was quite prophetic. Perhaps he shouldn't have changed his name to that...? :rotfl:

Khankat

Heck, even the trailer is bad. Dread to think what sitting through the entire film might do to a person.

Hang on, I have an idea. Wronged reviewer given so much crap to view, decides on revenge. He makes the worst film imaginable and forces his bosses to sit and watch.

TarPot

Thanks for the review, Cas.

A 3 is far too kind. A terrible film. Even I noticed her modern make-up in the first scene.

AVOID.

Will I Aint

yO6MYuH.png

devlino

I was looking forward to this but it was poor, a 3 seems about right, amazing she was in a filthy dungeon and tortured and still looked like a supermodel.

Gambit1977

I was looking forward to this but it was poor, a 3 seems about right, amazing she was in a filthy dungeon and tortured and still looked like a supermodel.
Conveniently, and please correct me if I’m talking about the wrong person, it’s his wife, and the writer of the film!

TarPot

Conveniently, and please correct me if I’m talking about the wrong person, it’s his wife, and the writer of the film!
Yes. You’re right.

To me, it seemed like an analogy of the recent issues she had been through in Hollywood.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom