The Rain (Netflix) Season 2 | May 17

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Upcoming Danish original post apocalyptic series The Rain could be Netflix's answer to The Walking Dead.

Danish language? No way it'll score enough viewers prepared to read sub's.

Danish language? No way it'll score enough viewers prepared to read sub's.

Burn him! :rotfl:

Being Scandinavian, most likely both English & Danish languages on the show

Subs have not hindered films from being global award winning hits, most of the best movies are foreign language, we love them here lol.

TV shows are easy to read and follow, especially on Netflix

i assume you don't like them?, does not mean the show will not get a wide audience

Dark has been popular on Netflix, which is subbed

Last edited:
No, not at all. I don't mind sub's and appreciate the cultural differences/quirks/style which are often a welcome change. But suggesting as a viable alternative to the ratings monster that is TWD is sheer fiction.
IMDB lists it as Danish language and with so many Danish stars it'd appear so. It wouldn't put me off just like how Les Revenants killed compared to the English language version.
Oh and I'd prefer to remain incandescent in personality and not actual fire, thanks.;)

It will most likely be dubbed for the masses just like The Dark. I watched The Dark in its original language because the dubbed version sounded weird.

I'm still laughing at "burn him"

I'll be watching out for it. Love a Scandinavian show.

lol, this reminds me of the Lovefilm reviews for foreign films like Downfall.

"If I'd wanted to read I'd of gone to a libery" (deliberate typos)

we watched this today, it didn't take long to get through the 8 eps as they're only around 35 mins each.
It was ok. It's been getting a lot of attention on social media as the next big thing but I wasn't particularly impressed with it. If we didn't do it in one hit it's not something I'd have been bothered enough to go back and finish, it's extremely generic and follows the post-apocalypse template to the letter. Some bits even seemed to be almost directly re-purposed from The Walking Dead's earlier seasons
including much of the season finale. It even has the typical after everything they go through they're still ending the season in pretty much the same position as they started it
which I'd predicted by the second episode.

Ultimately it's the Emperor's new clothes. At best.

This series is very reminiscent of a BBC series in the 70s called changes. If you can find that anywhere then give it a go.
The rain is rather good. It's well made with high production values.
I must try and watch its predecessor again

The Rain Renewed By Netflix For Season 2

rain-season-2.jpg

That's quite good, I finished watching it last night and it's ok, nothing I'd say is new but maybe a 6/10

We really really struggled through the first episode, the idiot children at the start totally ruined it, my 5yr old has more sense and is able to follow instructions better.

Not sure I can be bothered watching the rest.

We really really struggled through the first episode, the idiot children at the start totally ruined it, my 5yr old has more sense and is able to follow instructions better.

Not sure I can be bothered watching the rest.

Keep with it. I know exactly what you mean about idiot Rasmus as a child.
Solely responsible for the death of his mother.

But it does get a lot better and makes for some compelling viewing. Acting is a little ropey in places but well worth a watch.

Typical Netflix three season limit.
I guess at least we all know now that any series however amazing will only get 3 series.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom