The Raid....

Mullit

Ex Member
Reaction score
Alright everyone..

Just wondering about this steel, which I would like to buy, I can see there are 4-versions of this German/box edition [which may not be a steel] and Play.com I am more for the film on most steels but do buy films [that I like ] based on steels..is the play.com version expensive purely because its a better steel/limited number etc..if it is just the above then I may as well buy the German version, as I am not fussed about the style or limited number, unless of course there is another justified reason to buy this version, there have been a couple that I have bid on before starting at £13 but each time I have been already out-bid to over £35.00 so there is obviously something about this steel that is popular, so just need a little feedback please. I understand prices being high for..say..iron-man Thor etc but then they are massive films and anything marvel will do well..I do know that The Raid was very well received and reviewed but still, bit like the worlds end, I can not get my head round the price of that..but anyway just wondering....tar very much

I think its due to the English language j card. That seems to add money to any sought after steel which has a foreign equivalent.

lol there's a german version ? didn't even know that

The Raid is the Raid no matter what Steel, Tin or Carton it comes in. It is all about supply and demand including language on the box but for some reason the Play version demands a premium.

German it is then.....

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Play.com release has the best art. Buying just before the sequel comes out is also the worst possible time to acquire one.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The Raid play.com is one of my fave steels has a great design and good detail with debossed windows on the tower block for instance

Still I could by the german edition steel..then just get the standard Blu-ray disc to go in.
This is what I did, and was still loads cheaper than shelling out for the Play version.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom