• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

the questions lenghty so i'll say it in the thread...

Jeremy.

Standard Member
Question: (i'll say the facts(its complicated :) first)

. my dad has a sky hd box with "recordability"(not sure on spelling) which if im correct means its catagorised as a "pvr"

. we're going to be moving into an apartment block soon and im thinking about getting a foxsat (which im pretty sure is a "pvr" too) for freesat.

if my dad is watching sky and i want to watch freesat is it possible because firstly its going to be the one sattelite i believe for the whole block and secondly using the same cable to the sattelite "i think"

Question: can i watch freesat while sky is in use at the same time in an apartment??

p.s REALLY, REALLY hoping its possible :)

thanxs in adcance,

Jeremy

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Question: (i'll say the facts(its complicated :) first)

. my dad has a sky hd box with "recordability"(not sure on spelling) which if im correct means its catagorised as a "pvr"

. we're going to be moving into an apartment block soon and im thinking about getting a foxsat (which im pretty sure is a "pvr" too) for freesat.

if my dad is watching sky and i want to watch freesat is it possible because firstly its going to be the one sattelite i believe for the whole block and secondly using the same cable to the sattelite "i think"

Question: can i watch freesat while sky is in use at the same time in an apartment??

p.s REALLY, REALLY hoping its possible :)

thanxs in adcance,

Jeremy

Bad news I am afraid, to use 2 pvrs you need 4 cables to a quad lnb or multiswitch. Many apartments have only one with newer installations you might get two which will give 100% working for only one pvr. If you have only 1 connection the Foxsat-hdr will work better on one cable than the sky box.

You can though run multiple freeview pvrs on one aerial cable

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom