1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Question of Support.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Alex47, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Alex47

Alex47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tried to swap his/her glass shelves for MDF? Is it worth it? I have noticed that many of "audophile" £100+ support plaforms are actually made of modified MDF ($13 for 5 at Homebase).

2. booktrunk

booktrunk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My stuff is sitting on kitchen type racks that came from Argos with a 24mm MDF plaform on each shelf. Seems to do the trick and didn't cost a fortune.

I think B&Q do similar sets of 3 shelves now for around £25 and just add a lump of MDF on each shelf and it's great. What's better is that you can interlock the selves so you have left, middle, and right set of legs with two sets of shelves spread among them. The shelves cannot be at the same height on both sides so neatly stagger them and they look good. OK, I think they look good and they are a darn sight cheaper then a lot of shelves that are around.

Steff