The 'quality' of DVDs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BlueJamme, Jan 21, 2004.

1. BlueJamme

BlueJamme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I were to say that I owned a Denon DVD-2900 connected via component to a Panasonic TX-32PD30, you would be wise to look at other postings on here and think a tale of sadness and frustration was in tow.

However, I'm not so sure it is. After reading about the various issues both items exhibit I recognised that I was myself suffering from alot of the symptoms myself -in particular a grainy tint to any bright images. BUT, and this is the thing, only on certain DVD's (i.e. Braveheart, Dog Soldiers & Jerry Maguire).

Other DVD's such as LOTR, Blade and Shrek though have images that are simply breathtakingly clear and 'three dimensional'.

In trying to localise the problem I've swapped both DVD and TV with other machines, and the problem seems to persist.

So, my question to anyone who has read this far is, do DVD manufacturers use different manufacturing processes depending on what you pay for a DVD/who makes it? Or am I just another victim of one or both of my machines not doing what I paid a fortune for them to do?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!