1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Quality of broadcast

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hodman, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Hodman

Hodman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The arrival of large screen panels is highlighting a new problem which perhaps in the days of smaller screen size wasn't an issue.

I remember when 28" screens where described as massive and when used with a good quality analogue signal there was little to complain in terms of picture quality.

Now 32" is considered a minimum requirement for home cinema use with most enthusiast opting for 42" and above.

Armed with that brand new 42" panel, we are now casting a very critical eye on the quality of our digital low bit rate broadcasts.

Will it force a re-think of the current trend toward quantity against quality?

2. dingo8yobaby

dingo8yobaby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    i hope it will. its a case of us here in the uk having the screens but bugger all to show on them! this will remain the case until hi-def rears its head.
    (i dont count euro 1080 as its interlaced and more importantly they dont show anything worth watching).

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Don't worry about it being interlaced, deinterlacing is not a problem, the content is simply dire I have to agree.