Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Universal have now given the sequel a release date - June 20, 2014

Writer-director James DeMonaco is back to helm the sequel

Whilst i kind of enjoyed the first film, i was not craving a sequel.

The Purge (2013) Original Trailer

GAqkomA.jpg

Last edited:
First one was ok but no need for a sequel. Unless they deviate from stalk and slash whilst stuck in a house, and maybe explore purge night a bit more?

Cast additions;

Michael K. Williams
(The Wire, Boardwalk Empire)
Zach Gilford (Friday Night Lights)
Carmen Ejogo (Sparkle)
Kiele Sanchez (A Perfect Getaway)

The first was so successful commercially, this was destined to arrive! I thought it was a solid film, but I didn't really see a sequel as necessary either.

Maybe we'll see more about the institutions at work in the universe (like Empire Strikes Back or the more recent second Hunger Games.) I'm expecting the classic sequel formula though: more of the first plus bigger explosions!

Just watched the first one tonight..
Dunno if i'm missing something but it's definitely in my top 5 worst film's ever..
Storyline, acting ... both awful

I just watched the film last night. I thought it was quite good. But i dont know what a sequel will do? How can the story be extended? will it just be the same story but a different family or something different?

Actually just watched the trailer it looks quite different to the first film so maybe will watch it!!! I just find the idea very intriguing

Yeah the first one was awful! But this looks like everything I hoped the first one would be... Just talking my friend into going to see this.

I watched this on Friday and really enjoyed it. Definitely what the first one should of been like, would recommend it for a no brainer type of thriller

Much better than the first, the increased budget etc. definitely helped. Less annoying characters helped massively as well.

Saw this last night and agree with the above posts, this was much better than the first and I enjoyed it quite a bit. 100x better than transformers 4 though that wouldn't be hard.

Might be seeing this tonight (not my choice - friends with a freebie ticket lol).

Not seen the first movie so will that be in an issue?

Not seen the first movie so will that be in an issue?

I don't think so. They explain what the Purge is with onscreen text at the beginning and after that it's all self contained, no recurring characters or follow on story from the first, so you should be ok

Not long back.

Fairly entertaining 90 mins.:smashin: Only thing a bit annoying was the moaning mother.

If this was a Michael Bay film everyone would be screaming what a return to form:D

...also enjoyed it, far better than the first.

Not long back.

Fairly entertaining 90 mins.:smashin: Only thing a bit annoying was the moaning mother.

If this was a Michael Bay film everyone would be screaming what a return to form:D

I think he had a hand in it

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom