The PS5 General Chat Thread

First time I'll have my games, and headphones before I have my console.

Remember when i started a general chat back in ps4 days and it got closed down. Overruled as a mod. Infact chalky you may of started it!

It's like a great big PS5, hand holding, kumbaya-fest, where nobody can be annoyed at how off topic we get... or can they?

Ok who is booking some time off? And what are your ideal plans, and what will actually happen!

Just on the broadband front, I've just had a check over @ Zen and they've got new products, so just had 500/70 turned on for an extra fiver a month... could get 900/100, but it's a bit steep and overkill for what I need really.

I do want as fast a connection as possible (within reason) going into PS5 though, as I think that a lot of the smart UX features will be better with a quick connection.

Ok who is booking some time off? And what are your ideal plans, and what will actually happen!
Not got any time booked off yet...

Ideal plans are that I book some time off, PS5 doesn't turn up, but Charlize Theron does, armed with all sorts of party gear, and we have a grand old time... Then when I come round in a week, I'll have some time for the PS5.

First time I'll have my games, and headphones before I have my console.
I hope you don't get too mad about that. Seems to be a taboo subject for some :laugh:

I had 18,19+20th (3-11pm) November off anyway before release date was announced as it's my birthday on the 18th, so now I can have a canny auld drink on my birthday then lie on the couch dying while waiting for my PS5 to arrive.

People at work think I'm a saddo putting holidays in to play games and won't accept I booked the time off back in January 🤷‍♂️

When would we start to expect some proper hands on impressions of various launch games? Surely Sony must be sending out units to the press and possibly some YouTubers etc

I'd expect that sort of thing in the week before the US release, to ramp up the hype until the launch day. They will want to try and take some attention away from the Xbox launch if they can.

Just on the broadband front, I've just had a check over @ Zen and they've got new products, so just had 500/70 turned on for an extra fiver a month... could get 900/100, but it's a bit steep and overkill for what I need really.

I do want as fast a connection as possible (within reason) going into PS5 though, as I think that a lot of the smart UX features will be better with a quick connection.

Im with BT at the moment and thinking about switching. I can only get an estimated speed of around 46.5 mbps where i am though. Might look at Zen and see if i can make a saving.

Who thinks digital foundry will have to buy their own console? Lol
Or will Sony send em one just before Xbox launch.... It'll be a fun time either way

Im with BT at the moment and thinking about switching. I can only get an estimated speed of around 46.5 mbps where i am though. Might look at Zen and see if i can make a saving.
Don't get me wrong, Zen aren't cheap, but speeds / connection quality / customer service are the best I've had.

I mentioned it on the other thread but I think with FTTP there’s is less chance of stuff going wrong. £52 I pay with BT and I haven’t had any issues with them. My SKY Q is still temperamental with it but otherwise fine.

Here’s my hard wired speed and I’ve even shaved 2ms off on the unloaded/ loaded numbers by upgrading the lead to CAT8 for £15.

I hope Sony don’t cap the download/uploads as I am expecting lighting fast downloads in my digital console.

I have up waiting for BT to give any timeline on a WiFi 6 hub plus I’m assuming that the PS5 will use that for PSVR2

727A95E1-2A98-466C-B37A-0CBC79914AA3.jpeg

FTTx is far superior to copper, make the move as soon as you can, can afford it.

No fibre were I live, so making do with 55mb down / 10mb up BT, which to be fair, has been solid and trouble free since I moved a year back.

There were some planning permission signs up a few weeks ago in my street saying that a company called GigaClear are soon installing fibre in our street. Anyone heard of them?

Anyone planning to do any other upgrade to their setups for PS5?

My broadbands sorted. I have an older Hisense 4K60 HDR screen so I don’t feel any to upgrade that atm especially while money is tight.

I have 2 Sonos play 3 speakers redundant around the house that I’m going to move to the living room and add to the Playbar for a better surround sound experience.

I’ve also ordered the Pulse 3D headset for late nights when the little one is asleep.

I might sell my terrible platinum headset and buy some steelseries arctis but I'm not in a rush

Anyone planning to do any other upgrade to their setups for PS5?

My broadbands sorted. I have an older Hisense 4K60 HDR screen so I don’t feel any to upgrade that atm especially while money is tight.

I have 2 Sonos play 3 speakers redundant around the house that I’m going to move to the living room and add to the Playbar for a better surround sound experience.

I’ve also ordered the Pulse 3D headset for late nights when the little one is asleep.
Arctis 9's - Check
Fibre Upgrade - Check
New SSD, for External storage - Need one... that's the next thing to research somewhat... Anybody else got anything nailed down for this?
TV - I'm on the fence... Really got my sights on a 77CX, but there's nowt wrong with my 65B7 at all, and I'm not convinced that the 120hz revolution is actually going to be worth the upgrade with how it will have to be implemented... But, I love a new TV, and a 77 would be glorious.

im sitting tight on upgrading the SSD at the mo wanted a 2TB but since they are currently the price of the console guess i have to wait. nice to here from Sony on this too

im sitting tight on upgrading the SSD at the mo wanted a 2TB but since they are currently the price of the console guess i have to wait. nice to here from Sony on this too
Yeah, I've no short term plan for internal SSD expansion, but do want an SSD for External, to port games to and from.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom