The PS5 Game Sharing Thread

I have on digital
Spiderman remastered/MM
Dirt 5
Fifa 2021
Sickbay
Planet Coaster

I would be interested in having a co mate who's got other games I havent already...

Is Sickbay a hospital themed game? 😂

I'm interested in doing this, i guess i'd need to remove my payment method and change passwords etc. Once setup, is it like the xbox where i can change the password again so the other person no longer has access to the account? I also haven't actually purchased any PS5 games yet but definitely happy to buy some should this work out.

ive got last of us 2,mortal kombat 11 ultimate, ghosts of tsushima, dirt 5,wrc 9,spiderman remastered, devil may cry 5 and ea access

Last edited:
A little help please, me and my wife have a PS4 each, she shares my digital games, today my friends PS5 is arriving and we want to game share, will this kick my Mrs out or can she still play my games on her PS4?

Can anybody game share me call of duty Cold War ? I’m on ps5
I'm not being funny but you're a brand new member with no posts apart from in this thread, some of these folks have been on here for 10 to 15 years and have a vast posting AND trading history and people are still cautious and very wary about setting up a game share account.
I'd say you'd be better off looking for someone you know as coming in straight away with no history and expecting to get your game share cherry popped is highly unlikely.
It was set up ideally for well established and trusted forum members.
Good luck though.

A little help please, me and my wife have a PS4 each, she shares my digital games, today my friends PS5 is arriving and we want to game share, will this kick my Mrs out or can she still play my games on her PS4?

If you're setting up your friends PS5 as your shareable PS5, this won't affect your current PS4 set up. If you then set up your PS4 as your friends primary, it will lock you out of your wifes games, but in theory your friend and wife will have access to your games and you would have access to your friends PS4 games. Certainly an interesting Venn Diagram :D

One thing to note, Sony have been clamping down on PS4 owners who activate an account on a friends PS5 just to add the PS+ Collection games to their library, which is a PS5 plus owner only benefit. If you're game sharing, this probably doesn't affect you, but it may flag if you turn that PS5 sharing option off within a certain time period, although that's my guess at how they check. If you don't have PS+, this is irrelevant..

I'm interested, however I have never game shared before. Once they log in with my password am I free to change my password and the person still has access to the games?

Also I don't want to feel obliged to purchase any games I don't want to buy so I would like to game share with someone who is happy with this. I have about 600 games in my library although some of these are PS now games, the majority of them are not. On PS5 I own Overcooked All you can eat and Spirit of the North (am I correct to assume you can't share disc based games?) I intend on buying sackboy and balan wonderworld. I am a streamer and regularly add small indie games to my library for promotion purposes and I do regularly buy games. I'd like to share with someone who isn't going to push me to purchase games (and I never will either,) that we can communicate with each other what games we intend on buying so the other knows not to buy them too.

I know I haven't long joined the forum but if you own dead by daylight we could chat while playing some games first to check we would be comfortable with each other accessing the others games 😀

Last edited:
Ok, I assume this thread is a bit more active than the old one so I ask here...

More of a family scenario than one of game sharing really, but if my daughter wants her games saves to be uploaded to the cloud so that we can port them between PS4's and 5's in the house, does she need her own PS+ account, or is there a specific chain of linking that needs to be followed?

She currently has access to all my games on PS4 Pros and PS5 (regardless of primary console), but I can't upload or download her saves to / from the cloud.

Ok, I assume this thread is a bit more active than the old one so I ask here...

More of a family scenario than one of game sharing really, but if my daughter wants her games saves to be uploaded to the cloud so that we can port them between PS4's and 5's in the house, does she need her own PS+ account, or is there a specific chain of linking that needs to be followed?

She currently has access to all my games on PS4 Pros and PS5 (regardless of primary console), but I can't upload or download her saves to / from the cloud.

She would need her own PS+ subs as the cloud storage is for the PS+ account holder only..

She would need her own PS+ subs as the cloud storage is for the PS+ account holder only..
Thanks for the quick response @Toasty - Bit of a shame is that, as I've used a smidgen of my allowance. I'm correct in thinking that she can, if she was inclined, to play online using the "link" to my PS+?
It's only cloud save functionality that doesn't transfer?

Thanks for the quick response @Toasty - Bit of a shame is that, as I've used a smidgen of my allowance. I'm correct in thinking that she can, if she was inclined, to play online using the "link" to my PS+?
It's only cloud save functionality that doesn't transfer?

Pretty much, she can play your digital games (including plus games) and she can play online using your PS+ subs. But she won't have access to your cloud storage and she won't have access to you PS+ store discount..

I played a few games the other day that my game share pal bought but today they're unavailable. He's not even home at the moment to play on his ps5, so can anyone shed any light on this issue please? I've not done anything settings-wise and as far as I I'm aware, neither has he.

I played a few games the other day that my game share pal bought but today they're unavailable. He's not even home at the moment to play on his ps5, so can anyone shed any light on this issue please? I've not done anything settings-wise and as far as I I'm aware, neither has he.
Have you tried signing into their account on your machine? Are they playable for that account and if so then ensure that your machine is still set as the console sharing 'enable'.

Have you tried signing into their account on your machine? Are they playable for that account and if so then ensure that your machine is still set as the console sharing 'enable'.
Yes I can still play on the their account even though he changed his password recently, maybe I have to sign it out and back in?

Yes I can still play on the their account even though he changed his password recently, maybe I have to sign it out and back in?
Could be mate. Log in and make sure its still set to enable too. I could be something that needs to be done after firmware updates.

I logged in to his profile and enabled game sharing again putting the new password and now it seems OK again.

So I got sackboy and after playing for half an hour I get the message 'unable to verify licence, suspending application in fifteen minutes'.
What? I've just sodding bought it! Is this yet another pita game share issue? Why is it so bloody irritating? I just want to set it up and leave it but I'm constantly having issues.

So I got sackboy and after playing for half an hour I get the message 'unable to verify licence, suspending application in fifteen minutes'.
What? I've just sodding bought it! Is this yet another pita game share issue? Why is it so bloody irritating? I just want to set it up and leave it but I'm constantly having issues.
I haven't game shared myself, but do you need to set your console as primary account when you 1st play it, and then change it back to the other account being prime once its unlocked?

'unable to verify licence, suspending application in fifteen minutes'
Sure this only pops up when theres either no internet connection or the PSN is down. Giving its Christmas I'm more inclined to think the PSN was under stress and had a wobble. Or its your internet :)

Sure this only pops up when theres either no internet connection or the PSN is down. Giving its Christmas I'm more inclined to think the PSN was under stress and had a wobble. Or its your internet :)
Someone else said Internet but I went to game share setting and enabled it then it worked. It was on a wired gb connection at the time too. I plug my long lead in if I need to play online or Download anything, only took two mins minutes to DL sackboy !

Last edited:
That sounds like a PSN or internet issue, if you set your PS5 as primary again, then it doesn't need either PSN or internet for the game to work

I would love to gameshare but I already do it for my eldest so he can have access to my library

I have a boring night shift ahead and set my PS4 up for remote play as there’s WiFi here but when I tried to connect with my PS4 it asked me to make it the primary ps4, but it’s not , it’s set up for game share.
is it impossible to do both?

I have a boring night shift ahead and set my PS4 up for remote play as there’s WiFi here but when I tried to connect with my PS4 it asked me to make it the primary ps4, but it’s not , it’s set up for game share.
is it impossible to do both?
Pretty sure it will only let you remote play to the primary. You could always create a remote play account stick it on the primary machine, set it as primary and then remote play to that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom