The PS5 Game Sharing Thread

Hoping someone can help me set this up. I've added my brothers account to my PS5, enabled console sharing on both accounts, but im still unable to access his games whilst on my account?

I'm yet to add my detail's on to his PS5 so could this be the reason why?

Yes, he needs to log in on your PS5 and set it as the home console and you need to do the same on his

So I've set up both mine and my brothers accounts on each others console. But it appears the only way I can access his games is by downloading them on his account first. Only then will they appear on my account. Is this correct?

Elden Ring and Horizon ordered my game sharing amigo @addyb

Hi all, very new to game sharing on PS console and have a question.

Let’s say I make a new PSN account and call it GameShareAccount for the purpose of this question. Can I Buy the games using this account and then gameshare with myself and a friend? So on my PS5 you have my PSN where I’ll play it off and I also have the gameshare account where I bought the game.. and my buddy will have his main psn account and the game share account where the game has been bought from.

Are there any issues with the above?

This will work if you set up the GameShareAccount on your PS5 as shareable, however, it will get complicated and more restrictive when you bring other Playstations in to the mix.

Also, if you add PS+ to GameShareAccount, you only get access to the full PS+ features from that account, not your own. For example, you'd be able to game on line from your own accounts, but you would not get cloud saves..

This will work if you set up the GameShareAccount on your PS5 as shareable, however, it will get complicated and more restrictive when you bring other Playstations in to the mix.

Also, if you add PS+ to GameShareAccount, you only get access to the full PS+ features from that account, not your own. For example, you'd be able to game on line from your own accounts, but you would not get cloud saves..
Thanks for the reply! We should just be using it between us both. So x2 PS5’s using one shared account to download and then using our own accounts to play. Should work right?

Thanks for the reply! We should just be using it between us both. So x2 PS5’s using one shared account to download and then using our own accounts to play. Should work right?
I'm no expert but I don't think it will as you have to set one of the PS5s to Primary for that sharing account so the console has the license and then the other license is on that account so unless you can auto sign in and it shares that accounts license then I don't think it will.

Obviously if you can auto sign in the shared account on the console that is not primary then it should work.

@King Tones is right, you can only set one PS5 as primary and this is where a separate third account becomes limited if not useless for what you want.

Normal game share uses you and your partner's accounts by setting your partner's PS5 as your shareable / primary console and vice versa.

BTW it was phrased Primary on PS4, it's phrased something like 'Console Sharing and Offline play' on PS5. Log in to your mates PS5 with your account and enable this setting. And your mate does the same on yours.

Does anyone here game share PS Now? I’d like some clarity on how this works please.

Is the streaming option available only to the subscriber’s account, or does the primary/home console get this benefit too? I presume there’s no issue for the download games.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Does anyone here game share PS Now? I’d like some clarity on how this works please.

Is the streaming option available only to the subscriber’s account, or does the primary/home console get this benefit too? I presume there’s no issue for the download games.

Any insight would be much appreciated.
As I understand it, only the account holder can stream, but downloadable games can be shared. However, the account holder would need to log in to the shared console and download the games your sharing partner wants to play from the PS Now app.

Of course, this may all change when it goes from Now to Premium come June..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom