The PS5 Game Sharing Thread

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
WARNING: Game Sharing will require you to share your account details (Email and Password) with another person so that they can log you onto their system. If this is something you are happy to do then you will be doing this at your own risk and this forum will accept no responsibility.

Set-Up

You and Your Game Sharing Buddy each have a PS5 console. This is how they need to be set up:

USER 1's PS5
USER 2's PS5
Has User 1 and User 2's accounts on it.
Set 'Console Sharing and Offline Play' >'Enable', when signed in as User 2.
Log Back into User 1 and you will now have access to User 2 and User 1's games.​
Has User 1 and User 2's accounts on it.
Set 'Console Sharing and Offline Play' >'Enable', when signed in as User 1.
Log Back into User 2 and you will now have access to User 2 and User 1's games.​

Thats it! You're all set up.

Tips

• Take turns in buying titles, this way, if the PSN ever goes down, you will still have access to half of the titles.
  • Always use cheaper credit which can be bought from here or places like shopto.net or CDKeys.

Last edited:
I am interested.

Old veteran member seeks another established member for game sharing, holidays, laughs and maybe more?

Isn’t this effectively piracy?

Well, you‘re downloading a copy of a game that someone else has bought to save yourself paying for that game. But whatever...

PS My belief is that game-sharing exists to allow multiple consoles by one owner to share a game, not for distribution of games on Forums.

Apologies if I’ve offended anyone, I’ve just got strong views on piracy and copyright theft.

Last edited:
Well, you‘re downloading a copy of a game that someone else has bought to save yourself paying for that game. But whatever...
And completely within the agreed terms. Game sharing is understood by the developers, they are effectively (probably literally) signed up to it.

PS My belief is that game-sharing exists to allow multiple consoles by one owner to share a game, not for distribution of games on Forums.

Apologies if I’ve offended anyone, I’ve just got strong views on piracy and copyright theft.

You are allowing two friends to share their libraries, on a long term basis, by having each other’s consoles as their primary. This is literally functionality provided by the platform.

To stop this feature being misused you are prevented from making frequent changes to your primary console. You can’t change more than a month IIRC.

There is understood to be a degree of trust between you and your game sharing buddy given that they are using your designated primary console, on which your account needs to be active, and therefore could abuse your account.

Thanks for starting this chalky, I was asking if this could be done with one of the mods last week, so I'm happy to see it here. I'm sorted now thoo thanks.

I am 100% up for this, I currently have £140 in my PSN Account and would be looking to probably get Demon Souls, COD, Spiderman and maybe Dirt 5, so if I can have a special fwiend to go halves that would be awesome.

I have over 100+ positive feedback and 0 negative on our classifieds, so am a trustworthy soul.

I know it's a little early in the relationship, but you have to broach these things early on - how does splitting up work?

The practicalities will be just changing primary accounts sort of thing I guess, but has anyone game shared and then decided to part ways?

Would not like to be in a position I was letting someone down if I had to stop game sharing at some point down the line, or likewise could someone mess me about if they were to do it?

I guess at the end of the day, if you are buying games you want, you will always have them to fall back on, and then it just comes down to not messing the other person about in terms of account access etc.......

I guess it works best if a couple of people are compatible in terms of which games they would prefer to be buying themselves and which ones they are happy to possibly have a bit of a play with!

Have done it with my Son on PS4 but will only have one PS5 so I guess sit would make sence to dump him and get a newer model :D

I know it's a little early in the relationship, but you have to broach these things early on - how does splitting up work?

The practicalities will be just changing primary accounts sort of thing I guess, but has anyone game shared and then decided to part ways?

Would not like to be in a position I was letting someone down if I had to stop game sharing at some point down the line, or likewise could someone mess me about if they were to do it?

I guess at the end of the day, if you are buying games you want, you will always have them to fall back on, and then it just comes down to not messing the other person about in terms of account access etc.......

I guess it works best if a couple of people are compatible in terms of which games they would prefer to be buying themselves and which ones they are happy to possibly have a bit of a play with!

Have done it with my Son on PS4 but will only have one PS5 so I guess sit would make sence to dump him and get a newer model :D
Yeah its an awkward one, thats one of the reasons I would say to take turns in buying games, that way half of the collection is yours to own regardless.

To close it down you'd just change the primary console to yours and then change your password/email if you want too. I'd like to think you would talk it through with your buddy rather than just doing it.

Once you have set up each others consoles as primary you can change your password anyway afterwards and I would strongly recommend it. As well as removing any cards from your account whilst doing the deed.

EDIT: Not suggesting any of you would take advantage but just to be sure ;)

I only ever pay via credit for anything on my PSN, i dont have any cards or payment methods on my account. Will make it easy and also you can save a bit more with cheap credit too.

Oh, and I have zero feedback on the classified, but I am a good 'un, honest.........

This really is like writing a add for a dating site........

I am a 40 odd year old gamer that has far too many family commitments to be able to fully commit to a day to day relationship....... Fortunate to fall into the more available money than free time category so generally don't play too many different games but happy to share the ones I do get in return for a couple of ones I might not have otherwise bothered with!

Am a good communicator though......

I only ever pay via credit for anything on my PSN, i dont have any cards or payment methods on my account. Will make it easy and also you can save a bit more with cheap credit too.

Just filled my PSN wallet with 75% to 80% purchases on this forum, so makes it a wee bit cheaper.

Let me know some genres or games you plan on picking up and i'll add them into the table for you (or whoever is interested), its by no means definitive but it gives others an idea of what you're into. Even if you like the same things it could be good as you will save money on your purchases in general, if you are opposites then its can also go in your favour as you'll get stuff you may not have bothered with and may find you enjoy it.

It is a tough thing to want to do, I've only done it with Family and close friends but I know many do this on the Xbox side of the forums and its worked well for those and who doesn't want to save money right :)

If your other half has ps now can the other person use it?

If your other half has ps now can the other person use it?
I'm not sure with things like that an EA access. Perhaps you could log in to the buddys account and set a download off and then switch over but not sure on PSNow in general.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom