The Proposition DVD

BIGRED

Established Member
Reaction score
Just recieved this great looking movie through the post from Hmv oz , so looking forward to watching this , roll on home time !!!!! anyone out there see it yet ???

Didn't know it was out on dvd.

Just ordered from ezydvd. Cheers for the heads up!

No problem, i'm gonna watch it when i get in..... heard such good things about it, can't wait . i think it will be right up my street!

I watched it over in OZ late last year. Superb.

Visceral, honest, sad, shocking. Let me know what you think.....

Pete. :)

what a film, fantastic !!! really enjoyed it, the soundtrack is great ( i got that last year) i loved guy pearce,john hurt and danny huston in it, guy pearce in particular , his appearance alone in it, he just looked tortured !!! it was not a normal western , more like apocalypse now than the searchers !!! a really grungy atmosphere , you could almost taste the dirt.the violence in it was brutal but also necessary and by no ways stylised or gratuitous. i really enjoyed it but as you may be able to tell am having difficulty putting it into words :suicide: its early !!!!

Good summary and a film that caused quite a stir in OZ when I was there in that it was the first accurate picture to look at the true brutality of the early settlers, and of course the searing heat.

Interesting fact is that of course, when Cook reported the lay of the land when he first journeyed to OZ, he described the weather as ameniable as he had arrived in Winter over there, summer here!!!!!

Oh and for reference, in OZ now, its 1st Feb, the first day of Autumn. Been on the blower to Kaz.

Pete.

Captain Benefit said:
Oh and for reference, in OZ now, its 1st Feb, the first day of Autumn. Been on the blower to Kaz.

I know we are behind the rest of the world. But give us a break. It's 1st March.:hiya:

Are there any extras on this disk? Nothing listed at CDWOW or DVDCrave.

there is a pretty pointless making of thing that lasts all of 10 minutes and isn't even about the making of the film per say more about aboriginals, relevant i suppose but there is nothing about the actual making of the movie, was hoping there would be a commentry by nick cave and john hillcoat but nothing........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom