The Proposition 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

the thing wnn

Love this film, got mine in the post a few days back, looking forward to giving it a spin - bleak and harrowing yes, but an maazing, beautiful film none the less
also a great suprise headshot!

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Great review, I haven't watched it in years, but it does stay with you.

I only discovered this release on the AVF last Blu purchase thread last night (as the slip cover didn't state UHD, I had assumed it was a BFI blu remaster), so its arriving today!

steviedr

Distinguished Member
£23 isn’t too bad for tat edition

muljao

Written by Nick Cave not the Cage guy 😜

Jessica Noir

Always loved this film and very happy to see it get the 4K treatment from the excellent team at the BFI.

Speaking of nihilistic Aussie westerns, the recent Indicator release of Mad Dog Morgan is brilliant and both films would make a great double bill.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
The picture quality is really lovely, beautifully shot, one of the night sky (navy blue sky) full of stars or lightening strikes in a stormy sky looks superb.
Sharp image (majority of the time), very subtle grain, thankfully looks like film.
Great to see John Hurt on screen again.
Put it on for a 10 min preview, watched it all + the new extras :)

Last edited:

groucho marx

Watched it last night, the 4k picture and sound are very good, missed this film the first time around somehow, its exactly how I like my westerns, gritty and real, if you liked unforgiven, open range, bone tomahawk you will enjoy this, a lot of excellent performances, especially John hurt, highly recommend it

kahlua

watched over the weekend,brilliant movie,looks and sounds great,all the cast are on it.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Watched this again last night with my better half who had not seen it before.
Took a little persuasion, “what do you mean an Australian western”…but she loved it, still talking about it this morning.

Think this could easily be added to the likes of The Godfather and be an annual watch in our house.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom