The Proposition (2005) Limited Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Link: Amazon.co.uk - BFI Shop - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 11/04/2022

TP_4K.jpg

TP_4K (packshot).jpg

The next 4K UHD release from BFI. New restored in 4K director John Hillcoat (The Road, Triple 9) and writer Nick Cave’s modern classic is released as a new 4K UHD, along with a Blu-ray discs featuring extensive new and archive extras. A release to satisfy existing fans and garner new ones.
Limited Edition Contents/Extras:
  • Limited edition 2-disc set
  • Newly remastered and presented in 4K
  • Audio commentary with John Hillcoat and Nick Cave (2006)
  • Newly recorded audio commentary by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Josh Nelson
  • John Hillcoat and Nick Cave in Conversation (2021, 53 mins): a newly recorded conversation between director John Hillcoat and screenwriter Nick Cave as they look back on The Proposition
  • The Making of The Proposition (2005, 27 mins): behind-the-scenes documentary
  • Inside The Proposition (2005, 43 mins): a series of featurettes looking at the film’s pre-production
  • Shooting The Proposition (2005, 24 mins): featurettes on the production and the challenges faced during filming
  • Interview with Guy Pearce (2006, 14 mins): the actor on his approach to the role of Charlie Burns
  • Interview with Danny Huston (2006, 8 mins): the actor recalls his work on the film
  • Stills galleries
  • Original theatrical and teaser trailers
  • 2022 trailer
  • Eighty-page book featuring new writing and recollections by John Hillcoat, Cat Villiers and Leah Purcell, plus essays by Andrew Graves, composer Warren Ellis, Professor Catriona Elder and Dr Stephen Morgan
  • Double-sided poster featuring new artwork by Matt Needle and the original UK poster

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
You guessed right RedDevil85! Added to Amazon wish list! Nice surprise!

Last edited:
^ BFI shop/HMV links also added to OP.

Last edited:
I know BFI haven’t done many UHD discs yet but they do follow up with a standard version normally don’t they?...Red?🤔

Dispatched from rarewaves. They are slow for delivery but least I know it’s on its way.

Never seen this before but heard good things

It is. Now do I have the patience to wait for a standard edition? It looks like what ‘tat’ there is just fits in the normal Amaray.

It's real:

proposition.jpg

My copy's on the way from Rarewaves.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom