The Professionals (TV) on BD

Just recieved this from Amazon £28.
Awesome release to any Professionals fan this, the print is superb, cant imagine it looking any better, also big mention to the sound, defo 5/5 for an old 70s tv show, 2 options both sounding very crisp and clear, original mono and DTSmaster 5.1, dialogue is far better than you ever listened to on ITV thats for sure, overall iam thrilled with this release, prob my only negative is i like the newer titles with the car smashing through the glass, but these have the original titles which are bit more cheesy, overall though its a defo polished release from Network.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

, prob my only negative is i like the newer titles with the car smashing through the glass, but these have the original titles which are bit more cheesy,

You mean this is the cheese one which I forgot about and agree with you but of l things that makes it cheesy is the talk over.

The voice over's only there for a few episodes, the producers soon dropped it. Funny thing is, because the Blu-rays are presented in production order we start out with no voice over, then it's there for a couple of eps and then it's gone for good. The eps with voice over were the ones that were first broadcast.

Anyway, I like the "assault course" titles for their uber-cheesiness, I'd never seen them before and they make a nice change. The "car crash" titles will be there on Season 2, so that's something to look forward to. :D

Anyway, I like the "assault course" titles for their uber-cheesiness, I'd never seen them before and they make a nice change. The "car crash" titles will be there on Season 2, so that's something to look forward to. :D

Don't hold you breath! The Sweeney season 2 has never come out and it sounds like they did an equally impressive job with this like they did with Sweeney season 1 on blu ray. I am sure it costs a ton to get these remastered for blu ray and are the sales there to get more seasons?

I'm not sure there was the biggest market for The Sweeney on Blu-ray, but seeing as how The Professionals has looked so grotty and so utterly **** for all these years, I would hope that the fans are snapping up the Blu-ray (or even just the remastered DVD version).

Fingers crossed for S2!

I love those opening titles and the voiceover is reminiscent of the Anderson puppet shows, I wish they'd ended the assualt voiceover with 'Anything could happen in the next hour!' The only criticsm I have is why do they burst on the scene in a Roller? Hardly built for speed would be better if it was a Jag or Ford Mark 3 Bastard.:D

Don't hold you breath! The Sweeney season 2 has never come out and it sounds like they did an equally impressive job with this like they did with Sweeney season 1 on blu ray.

I think Network has affirmed it still intends to continue The Sweeney even though it doesn't have a timetable and has been so long since season 1.

The Professionals Update from Network.

Professionals_G001.jpg
We have good, better and a bit of bad news for you Professionals fans who have been patiently waiting for the much-lauded Deluxe edition of the Mark I set that was announced back in April. Despite our best efforts, we have experienced a number of production and delivery issues that regrettably mean we have no choice but to postpone the release to next year. We appreciate that many of you, particularly those who have registered their interest on our website, will be disappointed but we can promise you the additional wait will be worth it.

The good news is that subsequent editions will be available at the same time and the better news is that we'll be offering a discount to thank you for your patience and understanding. Keep an eye on our newsletters for further news and we'll keep you posted on developments, the content and the special offer.

If you can't wait until then to sample those amazing restorations, for this week only we're offering the MkI set DVD for £15 and the Blu-ray for £24. That's up to 39% cheaper than Amazon!

Series 1 is now £21 on Amazon, cheapest I've seen it.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Preorder for Season 2 in. Lets hope it drops in price a little.

Series 2 arrived on Monday from Amazon, and so far the it matches the quality of Series 1.
Picture and sound are amazing for a 36 year old TV series.
Also has the highly informative production notes, though they are in *tiny* typeface so a bggr to read.

Season 2 is now reduced to £17.91 in the Networkonair ITV sale, couldn't resist it at that price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom