1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Prisoner DVD With Mag

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    For any one who as not already got this series, they are bringing the series out on DVD in weekly instalments with a magazine with it.

The first issue is £2.99 and the following weeks £7.99 but as there (as far as I know) is only 1 episode per disc could run to £130.83 for the series.
    I picked the series up for less than £35.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Alternatively, you can simply watch/record the entire "Prisoner" show, on BBC4, who are repeating all 17 episodes over the Christmas holiday period! :clap: Episodes start on 27th December at 7:10pm every weekday, one episode at a time!

Pooch

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    I see you read my post in the TV section then, then maybe not. ;)

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi Garrett,

Actually, I didn't... honest. :( Sorry - didn't mean to tread on your toes, Garrett! :)

I bought Issue One today, and it's actually not too bad. Bearing in mind, the magazine will end after just 17 issues, it's not the worst value part-work mag I've seen. Obviously, issues 18 onwards, will be for fans of "Danger Man", as this is what the part-work will become, collating together all the episodes of that show.

Pooch

5. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Quite tempted by this, but before I start collecting it does anybody know how many parts there are going to be?

Still burnt after the Star Trek fact file collection. Fine to start with but then I lost interest and just kept going so I had the set (even though I missed 3 issues) And £8.00 a week could be better spent on other discs and as Garrett said pickking the collected series up for less than sixty quid.

choices choices.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    Hi Pooch it is OK I though you had read my thread in the Movies and TV on the airing of The Prisoner but then I realised you are well up on airing time so I altered my post to include then maybe not. so I'm the one thats sorry. :blush:

lovemunkey187 box sets here £34.99 http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&Cur=257&r=R2&title=94510&P36=9YKRQ

Or special box set £39.99 http://www8.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=3328

I’m thinking of getting the first issue one to have a look at the mag and the map.

7. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
  8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,489
    I went to pick just the first copy to see what it was like and the 2 newsagents I went to were sold out, one said they only received 2 copies which sold out promptly.

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    HI,

"The Prisoner" magazine will run for 17 issues only, and will contain all 17 episodes of the show, plus all the relevant "Prisoner" information.

However, from issue 18 onwards, the magazine will rename itself, and become "The Danger Man Collection". This will then collate every single episode of all seasons of "Danger Man" together, for the first time ever on DVD in the UK. This series will run for a further 84 more issues. (The two-paet Season 4 movie "Koroshi / Shinda Shima" is being given away free with issue 2 of "The Prisoner" magazine!)

I'm going to collect just "The Prisoner" issues.

Pooch