The Premium Collection (HMV Exclusive Blu-rays)

Yeah I notice that's the only one I have ordered that hasn't been despatched yet!
Maybe the same as what happened to me
Just got my dispatch notification and The Hidden was one I ordered but not in the batch of 5 that being sent, and the funny thing is an other that was temporary out of stock been sent.
Looking on there site still has The Hidden in stock. :confused:
Just got an other email from HMV as they say the other shoe dropped but in this case The Hidden been posted.

Maybe the same as what happened to me

HMV website says 'back in stock soon'. Love The Hidden. A massively underrated sci-fi horror (1987). Only £10 on HMV. £18 on Amazon & eBay.

Last edited:
HMV website says 'back in stock soon'. Love The Hidden. A massively underrated sci-fi horror (1987). Only £10 on HMV. £18 on Amazon & eBay.
Mine was in stock when I ordered it and Satanic Rites of Dracula was out of stock yet not long after Satanic Rites of Dracula and 4 others were sent and 2 hours later The Hidden was sent.
And its only £7.50 if bought with an other in the 2 for £15, even if you bought 2 the same comes in at £3 under Amazon.

2 for £15 offer back on, excluding the newest pre-orders.

hmv premium collection

Cheers for that.Called in today and picked up two.
20200722_153746.jpg

its only £7.50 if bought with an other in the 2 for £15, even if you bought 2 the same comes in at £3 under Amazon.

Indeed. Amazon is no longer cheapest, so its best to compare between Amazon, eBay and HMV when buying anything. I've looked into buying Near Dark on blu ray, but unfortunately it costs a fortune on all the websites I've looked at. Never mind Near Dark, near £40 more like. :eek:

Indeed. Amazon is no longer cheapest, so its best to compare between Amazon, eBay and HMV when buying anything. I've looked into buying Near Dark on blu ray, but unfortunately it costs a fortune on all the websites I've looked at. Never mind Near Dark, near £40 more like. :eek:
I'd wait on Near Dark anyway. Chances are it will get a 4K release maybe. I'm like this on quite a few older blu-ray releases now....bit wary in case a 4K is round the corner. And yeah...Amazon aren't really trying these days it seems - I buy more elsewhere.

The Hidden is basically what aliens would really do if they came to earth - drink, do drugs, inhabit the bodies of hot women and bomb around LA in sports cars. listening to music really loud......... :smoke:
I only first saw this a few months back and the intro sequence is basically what a film character would do if you removed all plot/motivation and had them directly controlled by someone playing GTA trying to max their wanted level.

Sorry Jim, I don't own a 4K player. Can't afford one with the despensible income I earn. :blush:

Last edited:
Went in today and picked up Top Gun (Atmos) and Clash of the Titans.

Top Gun sounds great.

Attachments

• TWE.jpg
    TWE.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 142
  • SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 137
Looks like HMV are releasing all of the Paramount Presents releases over here under their Premium Collection lable which is nice as I initially thought these were only going to be US releases.

I went into Fopp Covent Garden this evening and came out with Full Metal jacket and Wolfen. Both are in the 2 for £15 promotion. They also had John Landis' Innocent Blood in the premium collection with a sticker on it saying, "first time on Blu-ray". I'm not sure why that is, because I've owned Innocent Blood on Blu-ray for quite some time after I imported from the States.

I went into Fopp Covent Garden this evening and came out with Full Metal jacket and Wolfen. Both are in the 2 for £15 promotion. They also had John Landis' Innocent Blood in the premium collection with a sticker on it saying, "first time on Blu-ray". I'm not sure why that is, because I've owned Innocent Blood on Blu-ray for quite some time after I imported from the States.
Presumably it means the first time in the UK.

Bri

Attachments

• TH_1999.jpg
    TH_1999.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 101
  • TSoKE.jpg
    TSoKE.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 156
  • TTJ.jpg
    TTJ.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 119

Attachments

• TP.jpg
    TP.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 109

Attachments

• TGC.jpg
    TGC.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 91
  • TP.jpg
    TP.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 118
Is Trading places a remaster?

I have just noticed that Amazon has up for pre-order a new release of Forbidden Planet.

Amazon product ASIN B08LZ1WY4H
It seems to include, as far as I tell, the same extras as the Premium Collection release. Is this the same disc in a new cover as HMV have lost their exclusivity to this title, or is it a remaster or is there anything different to the Premium Collection version?

Cheers

I have just noticed that Amazon has up for pre-order a new release of Forbidden Planet.

Amazon product ASIN B08LZ1WY4H
It seems to include, as far as I tell, the same extras as the Premium Collection release. Is this the same disc in a new cover as HMV have lost their exclusivity to this title, or is it a remaster or is there anything different to the Premium Collection version?

Cheers

Yeah just WB re-releasing a wave of pre-existing discs but with new artwork/slips.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom