The Premium Collection (HMV Exclusive Blu-rays)

Thanks for the opinions guys. Ideal world would of course been both cuts on Blu-Rays, but no real problem. I’m just overthinking things. I think i’ll buy the HMV Premium version, and if I don’t like the longer cut i’ll just buy the standard UK cut Blu (it seems very cheap nowadays). I think I was just worried about not being able to ‘unsee’ the longer version if I don’t like it.

I often struggle with longer versions if I know the original cut well. The new scenes tend to stick out like a sore thumb. Both versions should be in the release on blu. I'd have no need for the DVD so they could could keep the cost down by leaving that out for me.

Bri

I picked up dark passage today and Mr Smith goes to Washington Hmv really make a mess of organising their blurays The assistant didn't even kniw which section the discs were in
I've never seen anyone else buying bluray in hmv Their premium collection is excellent with movies for purists Many say that classic movies dony sell I'm sure they do at hmv or they wouldn't sell them I know they can't always get the best print That isn't their fault

:smashin::smashin::smashin:
mail.jpeg

I still haven't seen that version. I take it you approve?

Bri

Hell yeah it’s now one of my favourite films from the 80s Hurt,Burton and Deakins all fantastic, I’ve never seen the 54 or 56 version Bri must get round to them one day heard the Cushing one is supposed to be excellent.

Hell yeah it’s one of my favourite films from the 80s Hurt,Burton and Deakins all fantastic, I’ve never seen the 54 or 56 version Bri must get round to them one day heard the Cushing one is supposed to be excellent.

I don't know if it's available to buy but the Cushing version is excellent as I recall. This is a recording of a live broadcast. I think the BBC did two live showings of the play within a week. I saw a repeat of one of those quite a few years ago and it's far better than the other film version. I'm not sure how I missed this later version. I do remember there was quite a fuss over the soundtrack at the time.

Bri

Can anyone confirm Casualities of War us lossless?

Attachments

• 1984.jpg
    1984.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 167
  • VRE.jpg
    VRE.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 188
  • ISZ.jpg
    ISZ.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 172
Looking to pick a couple of these up. There are a lot which interest me but many seem to be from dated masters. Are there none other than Casablanca that have a nice 4k remastered presentation?

Now have these in addition to Gettysburg which I bought on a previous occasion.

Attachments

• 20180714_204456[1].jpg
    20180714_204456[1].jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 184
I was just thinking yesterday how long would it be before Time After Time appeared. It's another of the Warner titles they didn't seem to think warranted a UK release when it came out in the US. Great film, mostly forgotten and under rated. Presumably the commentary with Malcolm McDowell will be included. It was during the making of this movie he fell in love with his co-star Mary Steenburgen and despite them no longer being together he does seem to still recall the time with much affection

So that’s pretty much every single one of my 10 for €50 German blu’s from last year’s Amazon.de offer that have now been released in this collection!!!! Still......got ‘em a hell of a lot cheaper even if I am missing those lovely digital copies......

Last edited:
5 new titles added...

Mr Deeds Goes to Town: Mr Deeds Goes to Town (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

You Can't Take It with You: You Can't Take It With You (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Release date for both: 15th October 2018

On Dangerous Ground: On Dangerous Ground (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Out of the Past: Out of the Past (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Suspicion: Suspicion (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Release date for those: 5th November 2018

Attachments

• MDGTT.jpg
    MDGTT.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 115
  • YCTIWY.jpg
    YCTIWY.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 123
  • ODG.jpg
    ODG.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 147
  • OOTP.jpg
    OOTP.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Suspicion.jpg
    Suspicion.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 104
5 new titles added...

Mr Deeds Goes to Town: Mr Deeds Goes to Town (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

You Can't Take It with You: You Can't Take It With You (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Release date for both: 15th October 2018

On Dangerous Ground: On Dangerous Ground (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Out of the Past: Out of the Past (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Suspicion: Suspicion (hmv Exclusive) - The Premium Collection

Release date for those: 5th November 2018
Out of the Past........:love::love::love::love:

Wait........have some of these dropped the digital copy????? Noooooooooo! :(

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom