The Premium Collection (HMV Exclusive Blu-rays)

ml337

The 2 for £15 deal is on again at HMV.co.uk

Only the very new releases or pre-orders aren't included. Some of the recent releases like The Haunting (remake) and Pretty in Pink are part of the sale.

Last edited:

ml337

I picked up Logan's Run, Badlands, Casablanca and House of Wax.

Was going to get Haunting (remake) but may just wait for the 4k to drop in price on itunes.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member

Attachments

• SF_32.jpg
    SF_32.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 68

UKCDJ

Does anyone know if ‘Trading Places’ will come back in stock? Never known a title go out of stock that quick! ...

4K UHD Fan

Yeah, he was aces in the first one. Still, his job was no reason for him to keep coming back so many times in 3. That was just too silly.
Does anyone know if ‘Trading Places’ will come back in stock? Never known a title go out of stock that quick! ...
Scalpers is why same thing happened with The Golden Child selling out online same day it was released! I had to go to my local HMV in Westfield to pick this up & they only had a few copies left. If you can find a HMV nearby go there they might have it otherwise wait for a repress in a few months (only a few disc pressing plants left now!) or ebay scalper pricing!

mark6226

Luckily I got the sons of Katie elder when it was on 2 for 15. It's been on 2 for 25 for a while now. I got Village of the damned in the 15 deal.
Last week I got harper and it's sequel. I wanted to get battle of the bulge for my dad as an Xmas present but it's been discontinued. I wonder if it will return?

mark6226

I watched village of the damned yesterday. A fine movie with a lovely bluray transfer. I bought this alongside sons of Katie elder for 2 for 15 before Katie elder was quickly put into the 2 for 25 deal. That move will cost HMV a good deal of sales. I'm sure they'll have to put it back to the lower price deal when they inevitably find themselves with large amounts of unsold stock. At 2 for 25 it's a hard sell. Too hard.
I'm watching big JW wreak havoc later today.

Garrett

I watched village of the damned yesterday. A fine movie with a lovely bluray transfer. I bought this alongside sons of Katie elder for 2 for 15 before Katie elder was quickly put into the 2 for 25 deal. That move will cost HMV a good deal of sales. I'm sure they'll have to put it back to the lower price deal when they inevitably find themselves with large amounts of unsold stock. At 2 for 25 it's a hard sell. Too hard.
I'm watching big JW wreak havoc later today.
I take it you you mean the better original?

Sons of Kate Elder a great western I even mentioned it in the what's new on Prime thread the other day.

The Lloyd

I recently picked up Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, its been a favorite of mine for a good while so had to jump on it when it came up. I was surprised at how clean (is that the right word?) it looks. Its a very good looking transfer. Did HMV do anything to these before release or are they just standard old blu ray releases in a different package because I have a few of these premium titles now and been very impressed by each one. I think its a fantastic series and I hope they continue to release more. The 2 for £15 and 2 for £25 are bargains for what you get.

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member

What a pity they didn't release 'Murder My Sweet ' under it's UK title (and the title of the original novel) 'Farewell My Lovely'. The film was renamed in the USA, for fear that people might think it a musical comedy, as that was what Dick Powell was renowned for up until this career changing role.

I've had both of these films for quite a few years in their US Warner Archive releases (which is where most of these HMV exclusives seen to be coming from) and can vouch for the quality of the transfers as being top notch. Great films too, of course, particularly 'Murder My Sweet'. :thumbsup:

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
I recently picked up Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, its been a favorite of mine for a good while so had to jump on it when it came up. I was surprised at how clean (is that the right word?) it looks. Its a very good looking transfer. Did HMV do anything to these before release or are they just standard old blu ray releases in a different package because I have a few of these premium titles now and been very impressed by each one. I think its a fantastic series and I hope they continue to release more. The 2 for £15 and 2 for £25 are bargains for what you get.
The majority of these HMV Premium releases are direct port-overs from the US Warner Archive Collection which are made-on-demand releases, initially only available directly from Warner when they were on DVD, but with their Blu-ray releases they made them also available via a few online retailers.

The Archive Collection is renowned for tip-top quality, with extremely high bit rate transfers and excellent restorations from the best available elements. As I said, these are direct port-overs from the Warner releases, so the quality is the same.

1612552638610.png

1612552703394.png

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member

Attachments

• TLaToJRB.jpg
    TLaToJRB.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 38
  • RtHC.jpg
    RtHC.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 41

RedDevil85