The Premiere LSP9T 4K Smart Triple Laser Projector 130" Screen Recomendations and questions

delson310

Novice Member
Hi! I recently bought the Samsung 130" 4K ultra short throw triple laser projector. I currently have it just projecting onto the wall and obviously that is not the greatest for such a nice projector.

I've been trying to research screens and am having some trouble. So I thought I might come here where people probably have great recommendations!

I have it in a room with a lot of ambient light. None of it is direct light onto where I am projecting, but it's a nice bright room. I do plan to install motorized shades over the windows. But if possible it would be nice to be able to watch it during the day without having to lower the shades.

I was hoping to get some recommendations for a screen to use. The samsung site recommends a negative gain screen for ambient light. I'm not sure if that's the same as an ALR screen? If not is there such thing as a negative gain/ALR screen?.

I think I would like a fixed screen that I would mount on the wall. But I am open to suggestions with that as well.

One other question I had was about projecting size. It's rated to project up to 130". The salesman at best buy told us it should not really be a problem going up to 150" if we wanted. We currently have it around 150". When we watch at night everything seems fine. I don't notice any loss of quality. But i'm also new to projectors and would love to know if this is a bad idea? Last thing I'd want to do is spend a bunch on an awesome screen but have it be too big for my projector to handle.

I super appreciate any help/recommendations!! Thanks for taking the time to read!!

Thanks,

David

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom