• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Predator 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

piston broke

Distinguished Member
It felt a bit like watching Carry on Predator, but it looked nice:)

Dear God, if you're going to strap a giant alien critter to a gurney in a top secret lab have the good sense to use restraints that are up to the job:facepalm:

terencejames

Prominent Member
I was reasonably optimistic about 'The Predator' when I found out Shane Black was involved but the whole thing is a horrible mess. It's as though Black let his kids help him write it.

'So kids, what do you think would make a good Predator movie?'
'A super Predator with a space dog. And also, have a kid make friends with the predator dog too. And make everyone do stupid jokes. And... '

You get the idea.

Mister_Tad

Prominent Member
Action guru, Shame Black, helms the latest reboot of the predator franchise: The Predator.

Intentional, or just a seemingly appropriate typo?

Roku2

Distinguished Member
This and The House with a Clock on the Wall are two of the worst movies of the year

LicensedTaximan

Prominent Member
The House with a Clock on the Wall
Actually.... The House With A Clock In Its Walls. It's possible that your version would be better. ;)

simonlewis

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review simon, i watched this film before christmas i thought it was an okay film.

Fire On A Wire

Prominent Member
I was reasonably optimistic about 'The Predator' when I found out Shane Black was involved but the whole thing is a horrible mess. It's as though Black let his kids help him write it.

'So kids, what do you think would make a good Predator movie?'
'A super Predator with a space dog. And also, have a kid make friends with the predator dog too. And make everyone do stupid jokes. And... '

You get the idea.

Couldn't agree more. Hollywood doesn't know how to make a good movie anymore.
Worst movie I've seen in a while.
All franchises look to be headed that way aside from Marvel who seem to be able to do no wrong although the Vision, Scarlet Witch love story was cringe worthy.

Simba

Distinguished Member
This movie is an utter disgrace to any of the Predator movies.

Deleted Member 7179

Distinguished Member
Rewatch the original. Simple and to the point. A film that just gets better every time I watch it.

Notice that each character dies in a specific way:
Dillon's muscular arm in the intro. It gets blown off by the Predator.
Hawkins makes a pussy joke in the chopper. He chases after the woman and gets killed.

Smart, eh?

encaser

Distinguished Member
Terrible mess of a patchwork of a film that feels like a TV Movie with an undeserving budget.
Yet another article with a front score that has you going, surely not that high? Oh no, it's the sound and picture (again) falsely elevating it.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
The trailer made it look bad.

The Honest Trailer episode made it look like one of the worst movies ever.

I wont be going anywhere near this. Shane Black, hang your head in shame.

TarPot

Prominent Member
I was reasonably optimistic about 'The Predator' when I found out Shane Black was involved but the whole thing is a horrible mess.

This was how I felt, even when the reviews started to come in.

But it was every bit as awful as people said.

Stu MSD

Established Member
Absolutely gutted...
I read the bad reviews and went ahead and got the movie anyway. I mean, its PREDATOR, how can it possible be that bad? Right?

Well, I honestly dont recall being as dissapointed in a movie as I was with this last night. And it somehow managed to get worse as the movie progressed.

I thought the low point was around the time of the space dogs arriving and playing fetch... but i was proved wrong later on when said dogs turned into friendly household pets! :(

mikemag

Distinguished Member
I can forgive it a lot of it’s failings, but the modern take on “Get to the choppa” had me shaking my head in disappointment.

Monkey303

Established Member
Wow, 7/10? It was one of the worst films I’ve seen in a long time, an awful cheese fest. I would rate this as a generous 3/10.

There were some good subwoofery moments, but not much else for me.

Batdog

Prominent Member
I’m not the biggest movie snob and can get some guilty pleasure from AvP and it’s sequel (I know, I know) but this was complete and utter garbage, the worst Predator or Alien movie by a long distance.

The thing that really bugs me is that Alien, Aliens & Predator were the first 3 films in the respective franchises and each nailed the ‘fear’ aspect perfectly. No matter if you were a crack commando or colonial marines unit armed to the hilt, you were going to throw the machismo out the window and be bricking it soon enough! In this film, no matter what the scenario, it was more important to get some extra ‘humour’ in there rather than behave how a person would do in real life.

I now have no hope that they’ll ever produce a decent Alien or Predator film ever again.

wolfie138

Prominent Member

low-def.

Prominent Member
Absolutely awful film! Watched it and tried to love it but subsequently hated it! 2/10
The only films in these franchises that matter are: Alien, Aliens, Predator & Predator 2.

Steve356

Distinguished Member
Absolutely awful film! Watched it and tried to love it but subsequently hated it! 2/10
The only films in these franchises that matter are: Alien, Aliens, Predator & Predator 2.

Agree with the exception of Predator 2. Personally I thought that was equally cr*p.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom