The Playstation meeting 2013 - watch the event (on a loop) here

No bf4 or planetside 2 :( E3 maybe :D
Keep on dreaming :laugh::laugh:

A £1000-£1500 PC struggles to hold 40-60fps with Planetside 2, aint no way that's coming to consoles in the next 5 years.

No guarantee of a 2013 launch here. They said "coming holiday 2013" to a US audience. That's no promise of a European release at the same time.

With regard to giving specs but no console reveal...how about Ferrari are unveiling a new car. So we turn-up but just get the engineering specs...we don't get to see the car.

We live in a world where the aesthetic of a product is very important, if not more important to some, than it's performance. In the world of tech you only have to look at i-pods. Their main selling point is their design and styling. They certainly aren't the most sonically advanced portable audio devices out there, and haven't got features that are included on some other players. People buy it for its looks.

I wonder how many people who just claim to be interested in the 'spec' of the PS4 would then buy it if Sony later revealed a 'shocking pink' design shaped like a love-heart?

Seeing the console, the 'tactile' and visual aspect of the experience is important to most.

Haha so one of the only games to show live footage was actually on PC.

Classic.

That's not a secret. If it was he'd not have said it.

Ps4 doesn't exist yet. It's currently the internals of a PC. We never got to see a PS4 because is not in development. Developers kit is basically a PC in a white box. Think they've a retail ps4 off stage?

killzone was PC aswel

same ps4 specs apparantly

He did say - the same specs as the PS4 but you'd have to be very silly to believe that they wouldn't boost the specs to ensure we bought into the hype - this is a sales pitch after all.

How will we know if the MS response has a similar GPU, when they told us nothing about the GPU?! :laugh: Or the CPU for that matter.

"Supercharged" isn't a spec. ;):D

Clearly not. I'm going by the announced RAM wouldn't expect anything less than an exceptional gpu.

"We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console for Saturday 1st of January 2050 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account."

"Pre-order PS4 Console before 12pm on Thursday 30th of December 2049 to receive it by the release date of Saturday 1st of January 2050( UK & Mainland Only )"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:

Ps4 doesn't exist yet. It's currently the internals of a PC. We never got to see a PS4 because is not in development. Developers kit is basically a PC in a white box. Think they've a retail ps4 off stage?

But the guy stated it wasn't a PS4 dev kit - it was a PC they had "geared" to be similar in power to the PS4

No but you would expect a box with the components for a PS4. Not a PC setup like the console. It's not like they would give the game a slight graphical boost as a sales pitch is it?

Last edited:
They're basically the same thing. Unless you're suggesting underhand tactics to make the game look better than it actually is?

-----

Still finding it bizarre that the thing most people on here are upset at is not seeing a small glossy plastic box with the Sony logo on it.

Each to their own.

Nighty night!

I've been listenning to the after talks of The developers of the game demos and getting a bigger picture of what PS4 really delivers. Killzone will be on all current main console plaftforms including Wii U. The difference with the PS4 version is in utilising the PS4 remote features plus some enhanced graphics. Another game developer said that in terms of power and graphics we are not going to get a significant jump compared to PS2 to PS3. The big focus on PS4 is indeed in connectivity just as the presentation emphasised on.

Clearly not. I'm going by the announced RAM wouldn't expect anything less than an exceptional gpu.
RAM means nothing. You can give a gpu 32GB of vram and it'll still perform exactly the same as if it had 3GB of ram.

The RAM in the PS4 will also be shared ram, look at a average gaming PC on the market today. 8GB of system RAM + 2GB of VRAM is commonplace. Even 4GB of system RAM is enough for running windows and quite a few other applications. All that VRAM is used for is a frame buffer to store the rendered pixels before they are show on screen.

A top end £4-500 PC GPU has as standard between 2-4GB of VRAM. Not enough VRAM will limit performance but having lots wont' increase it. You can't simply say that because it has 8GB of total RAM it'll have an amazing GPU. Doesn't work that way. The actual GPU processor is what's important, and we know nothing about that.

I've been listenning to the after talks of The developers of the game demos and getting a bigger picture of what PS4 really delivers. Killzone will be on all current main console plaftforms including Wii U. The difference with the PS4 version is in utilising the PS4 remote features plus some enhanced graphics. Another game developer said that in terms of power and graphics we are not going to get a significant jump compared to PS2 to PS3. The big focus on PS4 is indeed in connectivity just as the presentation emphasised on.

Killzone will be on xbox, not sure if trolling?

They're basically the same thing. Unless you're suggesting underhand tactics to make the game look better than it actually is?

-----

Still finding it bizarre that the thing most people on here are upset at is not seeing a small glossy plastic box with the Sony logo on it.

Each to their own.

Nighty night!

I would never imply that companies would use underhand tactics or in this case slightly improve the look of their products to gain more hype. It's unheard of.

I couldnt careless about the way it looks but it would have been nice to have some hardware details and some proper gaming footage running on the correct hardware.

Last edited:

I think most folk realised the PS4 was going to be a small leap in graphical power and instead concentrated on making it a central social media hub.

Killzone will be on xbox, not sure if trolling?

ha, I think I trolled too mentioning Wii U :D

I will get PS4 especially if Naughty Dog make exclusives for PS4. I bought the PS Vita bacuase of Uncharted.

image_297845.jpg

Bitt of stretch the start select buttons i would of thought?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom