1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the plasma bullet has been bitten

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jedimaster1971, Jun 16, 2005.

1. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after 24 hrs of thumping the side of my CRT panasonic to get the bl**dy picture back on :thumbsdow , its boardering on frame collapse i think :mad: ( dry joint somewhere but 28" widescreen is just too damn difficult to move and ope on my own) I finally lost the plot had a rush of blood to the head and have ordered a 42"pe50B :clap:

I decided on the 50B cos i aint gonna take up HD dvd or Sky I got burned with me sky+ 400quid staff offer on release of the PVR1 its the size of a suitcase and you can pick them up now for £49 ree-conditioned, also the saving of over £600 when the "free" cabinet and ES10 DVDr was thrown in only remains now for me to wait my turn and accept the delivery date which is TBA, then try re-arranging the furniture cos i suspect 42"may be just a touch on the big side but what the hey?! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE as the saying goes.........

heres to a new era, counting the hours nay minutes will post some pictures of the room before and after I get it in its rightful place
    cheers
    Gordon

2. cpt1979

cpt1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Look forward to those pics, similar scenario to myself haven't quite been brave enough to take the plunge just yet.

3. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no sign of plasma, was told stock was available and had been reserved for me and promised a delivery date of tuesday last week, non arrived no told i woll get a call when the panels are in stock for delivery next day....... going to check on monday to see if credit card has been charged and if it has then i wont be a happy bunny?!?!

any advise that i should follow, going to ring electrosaver on monday too and chase this with them...

question should i ring C.Card company first and then armed with info (forewarned is forearmed) ring electrosaver or do it the other way round and threaten elctrosaver with the I am going to ring the credit card company to register a complaint against the retailer??!?

lost and confused, it all seemed so simple to start with

and my 28" panny is getting worse its bordering on intermittient full frame collapse aaaarrrggghhh

Jedi

5. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    I would check if your credit card has been charged first.

6. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK credit card has been charged, electro saver have twice stated they need to check the warehouse and "will ring me back" still no joy,

really really starting to get angry now?!

will ring them again tomorrow, after contacting my credit card company, and get my delivery date or get my credit card refunded,

I will let you know

at this moment in time it is not boding well for electrosaver, shame as I was really looking forward to offering them most excellent praise

7. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Gordon
    Total digital have the same package that you've ordered for £1865 £20 delivery and in stock. Have seen the 42"pe50 good choice iam sure you will be very pleased with it.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)

8. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emailed electrosaver as i still have had no contact here is the text

ELECRTOSAVER Hi,

It is with great dismay that I feel the need to contact you in this manner, it is due to several unhelpful attempts to get information from your sales team,

I place an order for a Panasonic TH42PECAB + Free ES10 DVD recorder on the 15-6-05 at 16:05 and this shows as being paid via credit card on the day

Your website shows delivery of between 3-5 days on stock items

I contacted you by phone the Friday to find out delivery information as I was expecting to be away for a few days, I was told that you had the stock in and it was reserved for me and expected delivery of the follwing Tuesday, however I would receive a telephone call on the Monday to confirm……… no phone call was ever made.

I rang on the Wednesday to find out more information, was told you no longer had the panels in stock and your salesman was going to contact the warehouse and get back to me with an expected stock date…………no phone call ever came

I rang back on the Tuesday to try and sooth out my worries and spoke to HARPS the salesman he told me he was going to check with the warehouse for delivery possibly tomorrow( Wednesday) or the next day(Thursday) and get back to me with a confirmation but to expect the delivery DEFINITLY this week…………….no phone call was ever made.

I am sorry to say I have now contacted my credit card company to arrange possible recovery of the funds, this will commence from the 6 of july unless the goods arrive before then. I really to feel that the customer service provided falls short of what I expected, even if the phone calls had been returned with “sorry out of stock for xx weeks” I would at least have been aware of what is happening but as it stands I am left completely in the dark meanwhile my £1895.00 sits in your bank account earning you interest at the credit card companies expense because it shows as being charged, this email is also being forwarded to the consumer help service and to my credit card company

awaiting their next move, Will up0date as and when

cheers
    Jedi

9. stroppygoblin

stroppygoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    JediMaster,

Currys are doing an online special for this package cost is £1699.99 !

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...sku=626517&category_oid=-20090&fm=3&sm=0&tm=0

They are incorrectly showing it as a TH42PE40B however to the best of my knowledge there is no such panasonic model. I have seen the set in store and it's def the 50B.

You have to enter a postcode to check stock (none in my area I'm afraid)

Best of luck! :hiya:

10. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I was in Currys at Bexhill yesterday and they had a 42" plasma with a label stating it was a PV500 which it wasn't. (Real PV500 was near by) I have a strong feeling that the incorrectly labelled Panny was TH4240 something as i looked at the back and didn't recognise the model number. From memory, the plasma was all silver and it was on a pedestal stand. Geoff.

11. jedimaster1971

jedimaster1971
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looks like my email did the trick............delivery promised tomorro starts counting the seconds lol

lets hope so.... Wife is not too pleased at the £1800+ spend i made but its paid for now so it should be ok

Oh and I been promised some decent cables at reduced price as a way of saying sorry

let you now tomorro

jedi