The Place Beyond the Pines (Zavvi Exclusive) (Blu-ray Steelbook)

Amazon did have a release date up, 5th August, which i'm guessing was the real release date. It's still available at Amazon.fr, so hopefully it's just a slight delay.

Dammit! Really want this one, double play steelbook and third best film I've seen this year. After ZDT isn't getting a decent release I was relying on a nice edition for this! Still have my Sainsbury's pre-order, hope it doesn't get cancelled :(

Sainsburys pre-order now cancelled as well :(

Thank you for the order you recently placed on our website www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk
for The Place Beyond The Pines [Doubleplay S.

We’re sorry to advise you that this title has been deleted by the supplier and is no longer available. We have made every attempt to secure stock but unfortunately we have just been informed of this issue and are unable to fulfil your order. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and the delay in confirming the shortage of stock.

Any other items you ordered will be despatched as normal and you will receive a despatch confirmation email for each of them.

Actual acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us only take place on despatch of the products ordered. This item will be automatically cancelled. Please be assured we do not charge your credit or debit card until we despatch your order.

If you need more information, please email or call us on 0800 328 1700; one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We’re working hard to improve the service in every way we can and hope you’ll feel able to give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Last edited:
Sainsburys pre-order now cancelled as well :(

Thank you for the order you recently placed on our website Sainsbury's Entertainment - Games, Music, Films, Blu-Rays, Books, CDs, DVDs & MP3s
for The Place Beyond The Pines [Doubleplay S.

We’re sorry to advise you that this title has been deleted by the supplier and is no longer available. We have made every attempt to secure stock but unfortunately we have just been informed of this issue and are unable to fulfil your order. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and the delay in confirming the shortage of stock.

Any other items you ordered will be despatched as normal and you will receive a despatch confirmation email for each of them.

Actual acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us only take place on despatch of the products ordered. This item will be automatically cancelled. Please be assured we do not charge your credit or debit card until we despatch your order.

If you need more information, please email or call us on 0800 328 1700; one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We’re working hard to improve the service in every way we can and hope you’ll feel able to give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

First Evil Dead and now this. Both of which I had pre ordered. :(

Damnit. We don't get many new releases as it is, such a shame. Looks like I may have to get the French version if that one is still going ahead.

I got the cancel e-mail for Evil Dead but yet to get a cancel e-mail for this one.

Still no e-mail saying it's been cancelled... are you sure you read that post right?

Sadly I received the same message as people above from Sainsburys saying my order has had to be cancelled, really gutted.

Yeh they didn't cancel them but I did it manually. Really annoyed this isn't getting released :(

I've pre ordered the french version. My Sainsbury's order is still showing in my pre orders despite them telling me its cancelled. Im guessing it will just cancel off automatically in due time.

As per the Evil Dead thread, there may be some good news around the corner for this one :)

Sooo I was right about them being hmv exclusives maybe??

As long as no ninjas are involved in happy.

All will be revealed soon and hopefully it will be a positive outcome.

Aww I hope they are not HMV exclusives, my nearest one is too far away to just pop in to get them.

Wish the HMV website was back up and running to actually order off it...

:(

apparently its coming back soon, but we shall see, maybe june 1st it relaunches?

and a nice discount code....and cheap steelbooks :)

This was a main want for me so very happy to read that it's likely to still be going ahead :smashin:

If it's an HMV exclusive I can get one reserved at the store I used to work at. Just a shame it means having to pop in and get it rather than having it come to the front door. Either way I definitely want this release more than any other this year so far.

It won't be HMV exclusive if it gets released, so don't get too excited or worry (depending on your situation) about that.

Why is this so popular? I'm not slating it by any means but I had never even heard of this film. Is it the film itself really good then or is it that the steelbook is a marvel?

Why is this so popular? I'm not slating it by any means but I had never even heard of this film. Is it the film itself really good then or is it that the steelbook is a marvel?

Ryan Gosling. Since Drive he has become everyone's favourite actor :rolleyes:

It's a quality film and more worthy of a steelbook than half the crap that's getting them nowadays.

Since Drive he has become everyone's favourite actor

One of my favourites since I saw him in The Believer back in 2001. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom