Quantcast

The Pixel 3/Pixel 3 XL

dts197

Distinguished Member
@springtide More ram for starters. Plenty of people complaining they had issues with ram on the Pixel 2 and already seen examples of the 3 refreshing background apps. More storage would have been nice. Either offer 128gb & 256gb or have expandable storage.

And before people start with Google photos habing unlimited storage, it’s not the same as having a higher storage on the device itself. 64gb as the starting point is pretty lame in 2018.

springtide

Distinguished Member
@springtide More ram for starters. Plenty of people complaining they had issues with ram on the Pixel 2 and already seen examples of the 3 refreshing background apps. More storage would have been nice. Either offer 128gb & 256gb or have expandable storage.

And before people start with Google photos habing unlimited storage, it’s not the same as having a higher storage on the device itself. 64gb as the starting point is pretty lame in 2018.
I'd agree on both counts.

Faust

I note the new Pixel has been hammered in speed tests/benchmarks by the iPhone Xs and last years iPhone X. There is also lots of stories emerging about the Pixel running out of memory when opening more than a few apps. With such a small amount of RAM this was always going to be problematic.

Google haven't helped themselves by launching phones near the end of the current CPU cycle. The next Snapdragon processors will be 7nm rather than the current 10nm. The current OP6 also trounced the Pixel 3.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
After spending a day with a Pixel 3 xl borrowed from one of my American friends I've cancelled my order will keep my 2xl and have look around.

Nice phone, nice screen, hate the notch, and it does have issues.

Litcan91

Can’t see any owners threads on the forum.

Although the specs don’t stack up against some of the current competition, I decided to go for the pixel 3 due to limited choice of flagship android devices available in this size.

The camera seems to get very good reviews and I have an element of trust that google will make the limited specs work with their soft development.

It looks like there is a good choice of cases available for added protection, but I’m struggling in finding decent screen protector that will offer excellent figment, full screen coverage whilst being very minimal. All options on Amazon are either poorly rated or not rated at all.

Any experience or advice from current owners of the decice? I haven’t preference in the material of the protector, as it will only be there to protect against scratches in a pocket (not coupled with any other items).

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
If the edges of the screen are curved slightly, like the Pixel 2, good luck finding a screen protector that will cover to the edges.