The pioneer 506 xde the best yet

alwyn

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just finished setting up my 506 xde and can say that after having every pioneer plasma in the 50 inch range that they have ever produced this is in my opinion the best.I make this statement because I have seen other members saying that this model was not up to standard,well that cetainly is not true with the unit that I have. Incedentaly,I used the settings that were given by the chap from Norway and found them very good

alwyn said:
I have just finished setting up my 506 xde and can say that after having every pioneer plasma in the 50 inch range that they have ever produced this is in my opinion the best.I make this statement because I have seen other members saying that this model was not up to standard,well that cetainly is not true with the unit that I have. Incedentaly,I used the settings that were given by the chap from Norway and found them very good

Hi alwyn. I'm also a chap from Norway :) . I get my 506xde on Monday, and would be very interested in these settings. I've resently had the 435HDE so I know approximately the settings I prefer, but it would be nice to see some settings from other 506XDE owners. It would be nice if you send me a pm or post your settings if you find the time.

Regards

Yes the 506 seems to be the tops for now.

I love mine.

Lets keep thr settings on the forum , so everyone can benefit :)

i got my 506xde on tuesday and it looks crap so any setting you have ill take its not a patch on my panasionc pw4 there is ghosting washed out colour its the worse thing i have seen and im pritty ****** of i bought it
hopeing to get it isf as soon as gordon or piers can do it still waiting to find out who can do it first

Sounds like it could be damaged....the colours on Pioneers usually look pretty OTT straight out of the box.I would have a word with your seller.

Dan :)

Munin said:
Hi alwyn. I'm also a chap from Norway :) . I get my 506xde on Monday, and would be very interested in these settings. I've resently had the 435HDE so I know approximately the settings I prefer, but it would be nice to see some settings from other 506XDE owners. It would be nice if you send me a pm or post your settings if you find the time.

Regards
Hello,
The settings that I have used are the following
Contrast 25
Brightness +8
Color -10
sharpness -2
Mpegd low
Dnr low
Cti on
Dre off
Cinema off
Color temp. mid
And thats it,and the picture is excellent in all respects
Regards to Norway
alwyn

Alwyn. Are those settings ok to use straight out of the box? Or would it be best to set the contrast lower?

That's high on contrast and brightness IIRC. The one I've done came out much lower than that. Terry, your problem is nothing like the criticisms I have aimed at the 506, is that on all inputs, and how are you connecting?

Panzer22 said:
Alwyn. Are those settings ok to use straight out of the box? Or would it be best to set the contrast lower?
My unit was delivered ony two days ago,so these settings are as you put it straight out of the box. As for your concern on the contrast setting of only 25 this is ess than the standard setting given by pioneer for straight out of the box use.My unit on these settings gives me a smooth natural picture that is ideal for me to view at night in a darkend room,it works fine with sky tv on rgb connection and gives a perfect picture using my Esoteric UX1 dvd player with HDMI.I have just watched the dvd "Kingdom of heaven" and it was superb.

hi guys,

what is the difference between the pioneer 506 xde and the 506hdg (model marketed in australia)?

thanks,

julie

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom