Quantcast

The Pie Thread

FlagshipDevice

As per title, this is all to do with pies. I unintentionally posted this in the wrong section of the forum and a mod quickly pointed me here, for which I’m eternally grateful.

So, pies - we’ve all been disappointed when buying a so-called deep-filled pie from a supermarket, only to find a thick layer of air and disappointment bubbling beneath the surface.

I thought a pie thread to share recipes and methods for really decent pies might be a good idea. Personally I tend to go for savoury pies but all pie ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance.

prezzy

Made very similar to this yesterday (no cream and proper chedder cheese), was beautiful warm with some pickled beetroot / red cabbage and tabasco - also good cold for lunch today.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
One of those area's I've always fancied having a go at but have not got around to yet.
Will be subscribing to this thread :)

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
We often make our own pies but only ones with a lid. I can’t eat wheat, so they are gluten free and the pastry doesn’t cook that well so best suited to a top only pie. Mostly a nice thick gravy, chicken and veggies.

Top Bottom