The Persauders Blu Ray.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
Picked up the blu from Amazon for 38 off Amazon. Also coming with it tomorrow from Amazon is The Protectors with Robert Vaughn and that unforgettable theme tune. Sadly the Protectors is only DVD but I don’t really care.

mark6226

I've had this since release. It's an essential bluray TV box set.

To see Tony Curtis in full flight with his infamous ad libbing is a sight to behold.

He is magnificent in the persuaders where he's given the full freedom to be Cary Grant again. Only Cary was better at ad libbing.

It's not easy acting alongside someone like TC who just improvises throughout but RM copes admirably.

If you want to watch an acting masterclass then the persuaders is for you.

Sadly this was TC swansong.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've had this since release. It's an essential bluray TV box set.

To see Tony Curtis in full flight with his infamous ad libbing is a sight to behold.

He is magnificent in the persuaders where he's given the full freedom to be Cary Grant again. Only Cary was better at ad libbing.

It's not easy acting alongside someone like TC who just improvises throughout but RM copes admirably.

If you want to watch an acting masterclass then the persuaders is for you.

Sadly this was TC swansong.
Swansong? He did quite a lot after that. Granted I haven't seen most of it so much of it may have been rubbish but I thought he was very good in Insignificance. That's one of my favourite films.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom