The Pembrokeshire Murders (ITV)

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ITV has ordered The Penbrokeshire Murders, a three-part true crime drama depicting the pursuit of a cold-blooded serial killer. Luke Evans (The Alienist, The Great Train Robbery) is attached to star.

In The Penbrokeshire Murders, two unsolved double murders from the 1980s cast a shadow over the work of the Dyfed Powys police force. In 2006, newly promoted Detective Superintendent Steve Wilkins (Luke Evans) decided to reopen both cases.

Employing pioneering forensic methods, Wilkins and his handpicked team found microscopic DNA and fibres that potentially linked the murders to a string of burglaries committed in the 80s and 90s. The perpetrator of those robberies was nearing the end of his prison sentence, but if Steve Wilkins was right, he was also a serial killer … Could Steve and his team find enough forensic evidence to charge their suspect before he was released to potentially kill again?

Rounding out the cast is Keith Allen as John Cooper, Owen Teale as Gerard Elias, Alexandria Riley as Jackie Richards, Caroline Berry as Pat Cooper, Oliver Ryan as Andrew Cooper and David Fynn as ITV News journalist Jonathan Hill. “It is a privilege to be playing the role of Steve Wilkins in The Pembrokeshire Murders and working again with Simon Heath, his team at World Productions and ITV”, Luke Evans said in a statement. It’s a huge responsibility for me as the drama depicts a true crime which to this day still affects the families of those whose lives were tragically taken.”

The three-part drama is based on Senior Investigating Officer Steve Wilkins and ITV news journalist Jonathan Hill’s true crime book Catching the Bullseye Killer. Nick Stevens penned the scripts, while Marc Evans is attached to direct. Line Of Duty indie World Productions are producing. Simon Heath is the executive producer. The Welsh government is supporting the production. ITV Studios Global Entertainment will handle international sales. Filming gets underway this month.

All pretty lacklustre stuff. Considering the horrific subject matter, I'd expected something far more gripping and dramatic but they chose to not introduce any victims until way too late and centred on the son. It wasted Keith Allen as the killer and never gave him a real opportunity to imbue much of anything. beyond staring at a wall.

All pretty lacklustre stuff. Considering the horrific subject matter, I'd expected something far more gripping and dramatic but they chose to not introduce any victims until way too late and centred on the son. It wasted Keith Allen as the killer and never gave him a real opportunity to imbue much of anything. beyond staring at a wall.
I didn't find it particularly gripping either but I suppose it was ok .

Just finished it, it was ok, no humpf moments.
I am surprised that many have voiced there disapproval of Luke Evans playing a straight dude.
There was someone on the radio the other day making a deal about it... Does any one care, really? Guess he hasn't watched him in The Alienist then ..........
Anyway, I was expecting more esp when such horrific crimes were committed.
Give it a 7/10 due to it only being 3 episodes and not 87..

PS: I never use to miss Bullseye or 3,2,1 for that matter :D

Peace.

Just finished it, it was ok, no humpf moments.
I am surprised that many have voiced there disapproval of Luke Evans playing a straight dude.
There was someone on the radio the other day making a deal about it... Does any one care, really? Guess he hasn't watched him in The Alienist then ..........
Anyway, I was expecting more esp when such horrific crimes were committed.
Give it a 7/10 due to it only being 3 episodes and not 87..

PS: I never use to miss Bullseye or 3,2,1 for that matter :D

Peace.
A gay actor playing a heterosexual? Whatever next.

What kind of moronic cretin would disapprove of that?

I enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more had I not done so on the ITV Hub. That must be the worse of all the streaming services. Dreadful PQ, buffering, audio drop outs. Never again.

I enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more had I not done so on the ITV Hub. That must be the worse of all the streaming services. Dreadful PQ, buffering, audio drop outs. Never again.
I don't watch enough ITV repeats to pay for that extra but I often wondered what it would be like as they offer a free 7 day trial.

Definitely won't consider it now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom