• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Pearfish Living Room

Pearfish01

Established Member
Hi Guys,
Eventually got round to this have just updated the speakers from AE AEGO T's and have plans to update the Amp and Bluray soon after a sub and some new rears. Need to sort out some cable management and there is a new sofa on order to enhance the viewing. Thought of a projector but my room is only small 3.5m x 3.5m so may go for a bigger tv later in the year. Kit list below.

TV - Samsung LE40M88BDX
Amp - Onkyo SR605 TO BE UPDATED
DVD - Samsung HD870
SKY+HD
Blu ray - PS3 / Denon DVD 2500T
Front - B&W 685's on Z2 stands
Centre - B&W HTM62
Rears - B&W M1's
Sub - AE soon to be SVS
Chord HDMI's and QED XT speaker cable

Attachments

• DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,789
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 888
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,050
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 679
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 626
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 622
Last edited by a moderator:

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Nice set up, could do with a bit more cable hiding but otherwise very nice, i like the cabinate you have there and the wall the tv is on. Looking good :thumbsup:

Where is your sub though, you need to rattle that TV off the wall !!

Pearfish01

Established Member
Nice set up, could do with a bit more cable hiding but otherwise very nice, i like the cabinate you have there and the wall the tv is on. Looking good :thumbsup:

Where is your sub though, you need to rattle that TV off the wall !!
Thanks mate the cable hiding is my next job. Im waiting for HDMI's to come with smaller ends so I can run one through the small conduit behind my tiles. I have bought some decorative cable management conduit for the cables below the cabinet and am looking to move the PS3. Im thinking of putting a shelf in the cabinet for the PS3 as i dont fancy stacking it on my Sky +.

Richard

Distinguished Member
Really nice.

It's very different to most set ups I see on here.

I love that floating cabinet too. Makes it stand out more.

Get those wires hidden mate.

:smashin:

soljiv

Established Member
impressive use of space, i really like it mate. The floating cabinet is pretty cool dude.

Pearfish01

Established Member
Great set up mate:smashin: Love the new B&W speakers and where is the floating cabinet from?
Thanks,
The flooting cabinet was the previous owners so I cant take the credit. I think its a overhead kitchen cabinet thats been modified. Im gonna try and add a shelf into half of it so I can put my PS3 in smarten the place up. Ive bought some gear to sort the speaker cables out. I want to order a new bus either BK or SVS but have to wait for the new sofa to arrive so I can see how much space I have to play with.

Pearfish01

Established Member
Really wanted a Projector but would have only 2.6m between the screen and projector dont know if this is adequite. Also the screen would have to be a 150 cm or 59 inch wide in the metal case. GUTTED i would also have to change the light fitting as ours hangs low and would obstruct the picture. Oh well will just have to upgrade the house instead.lol

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Looks nice and symetrical, just how I like it, well done mate:thumbsup:

Pearfish01

Established Member
looks really good, how come so many speakers? I think I can count 5 at the front but may be losing my mind.

Thanks,
Yeah I still had the old AE speakers up have taken them down now put a shelf in the AV cabinet for the PS3 so thats hidden away but I was watching Band of Brothers Bluray today and noticed it gets very hot. The fan was running alot not sure if this is just my PS3 as it is 2yrs old now gonna try and clean the dust out of it. I also got some stuff for cable management so will post some more pics when sorted. Im also gonna get a new sub and some B&W MT1's for the rear.( Im tempted to go 7.1 but the wife will take some convincing lol). Ive just ordered Sky HD as they haev a good offer this month.

Pearfish01

Established Member
Ordered SKY + HD the other day at the new price of £49 got a message saying it will take 4 to 7 weeks to complete my order. It must be really popular at this price.

Pearfish01

Established Member
This arrived this morning gonna hook it up when i sort the speaker cables out.

DSC_0033.jpg

Pearfish01

Established Member
New Denon DVD2500T WOW I love this watched Killbill and The Dark Knight again after setting it up. The picture was miles better than the PS3 saw alot more detail in the dark areas of the scenes and the colours where mental. Also noticed the detail around people is alot sharper making the image looking almost 3D well worth the money. Cant really coment on the sound as I was playing it low due to it been late and Im also sub less at the moment. Now I have a good escuse to get more Blu-rays.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

alz2605

Prominent Member
Nice purchase mate! Have read some excellent reviews for it! Glad to hear its living up to the hype and I would love to get one but there's so much I already want to up date! I think I'll just have to wait! Where did you buy it from by the way and more importantly did they give you a deal?

Pearfish01

Established Member
Nice purchase mate! Have read some excellent reviews for it! Glad to hear its living up to the hype and I would love to get one but there's so much I already want to up date! I think I'll just have to wait! Where did you buy it from by the way and more importantly did they give you a deal?

Hi,
I got it from Richer Sounds the first time I have used them it was £599 which I thought was a good price.

Pearfish01

Established Member
Hi guys some new photos of the setup with the new sub and av rack in place.

The massive box that arrived this morning :eek:

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

The sub is awesome.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
WOW, mate your set up has come along way, next time I'm in Exeter yougotta let me hear that thing lol

Seeing that sub makes me want my Monolith even more! Great set up though, its come along way.

Pearfish01

Established Member
WOW, mate your set up has come along way, next time I'm in Exeter yougotta let me hear that thing lol

Seeing that sub makes me want my Monolith even more! Great set up though, its come along way.

Next time your in Exeter feel free to drop me a line and if Im around you can come and have a demo. But be warned you will want one :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom