The PC General Chat Thread

If one does indeed want to keep a pc on the floor then i would highly recommend getting one of these
Amazon product ASIN B073F9NY1X
I would recommend one of these regardless.
Regular cleaning is always a good thing.

Well I'm certainly impressed with AWD-IT, my new case just arrived after ordering late yesterday morning and via standard delivery (3-5 days). Will be unscrewing the glass side very slowly :eek:

I've a Phanteks 719, and I've dropped the glass side at least three times onto a hard surface because my hands are made of butter. No chips or cracks.
I'd say that it could have been a manufacturing fault with your original?

That's just reminded me, I've had mine on the floor for over 9 years now and never once cleaned it.

3060ti benchmarks are very impressive for a £369 card.

FE sure thing, AIB's make it less of a bargain though...
Not sure you can say that. Even the AIB, you are looking at in-between the 2080 super and 2080ti performance, compared to over half the cost of the 2080ti

Strange wonder if the screws where tightened to much on production and once you un loosend them the glass relaxed and shattered. Nice case tho i have the same lol hope you get a replacement.

I have the same case

Quoting as think Mensy has the same case (Phantek 400a rdgb) but any help appreciated!

Put everything together yesterday and to my surprise worked first time. But I bought 3 additional fans that are exactly the same as the ones that came with the case, they spin round ok but dont light up for some reason. I found the sheer number of fan cables very confusing (3 per fan so had them everywhere!) and obviously missed something.

What do I need to do/connect to make the other fans light up and match the ones on the front? I cant connect the fans to my mobo apparently (MSI B450 Tomahawk) as it only has a 4pin 12V rgb connector and not a 3 pin 5V connector)

Lost in a fan cable jungle!

Quoting as think Mensy has the same case (Phantek 400a rdgb) but any help appreciated!

Put everything together yesterday and to my surprise worked first time. But I bought 3 additional fans that are exactly the same as the ones that came with the case, they spin round ok but dont light up for some reason. I found the sheer number of fan cables very confusing (3 per fan so had them everywhere!) and obviously missed something.

What do I need to do/connect to make the other fans light up and match the ones on the front? I cant connect the fans to my mobo apparently (MSI B450 Tomahawk) as it only has a 4pin 12V rgb connector and not a 3 pin 5V connector)

Lost in a fan cable jungle!

I done exactly the same. I just daisy chained them all together you should have enough connections to do that.

20200823_171219.jpg

Wow that looks a really clean build, not sure I can match that!

What do you need to attach from fan to fan to get the drgb working and in synch, I have daisy chained the power 4 pin connectors but nothing else (not sure you can do it with anything else?).

That means they are all running off 1/2 fan connectors but I'm assuming as long as they are set to PWM they will only spin up when temp rises?

Wow that looks a really clean build, not sure I can match that!

What do you need to attach from fan to fan to get the drgb working and in synch, I have daisy chained the power 4 pin connectors but nothing else (not sure you can do it with anything else?).

That means they are all running off 1/2 fan connectors but I'm assuming as long as they are set to PWM they will only spin up when temp rises?

What fans did you buy ? was it the triple pack ? i just plugged the drgb connector into the drgb connector on the triple fans.

I have 2 fans plugged into my cpu cooler so i havnt got all 6 onto my board but they dont draw much power

Yes bought the triple pack - I don't suppose I can be a pain and ask you to take a pic of the connections, did you connect the drgb connector from the triple fans to the existing triple fans somehow?

Yes bought the triple pack - I don't suppose I can be a pain and ask you to take a pic of the connections, did you connect the drgb connector from the triple fans to the existing triple fans somehow?

Il try my best to get a picture later on not in a position to do it at the moment :)

But this is what i used to link the drgb to the drgb fans that come with case this comes in the box with the triple fans i then connected that to the motherboard

20201202_103503.jpg

Thanks - That's the same pack I have bought.

I'm probably being dense but here is the drgb connector from the existing tripe fans I think
1606905776889.png
And this is the connector cable that came with the new triple fans I have installed, I can see this has a connector that attaches to the one above so that makes sense
1606905776884.png
Now what I don't understand is how then I connect anything from the connector cable to the 3 fans I have installed as nothing seems to fit, they have 2 connectors available as below after I have plugged in their 4 pin power cable
1606905776879.png

I cant connect any drgb connectors to my mobo as mentioned earlier as it only supports 4 pin 12v rbg unfortunately

Excuse the hands :D

Thanks - That's the same pack I have bought.

I'm probably being dense but here is the drgb connector from the existing tripe fans I think
View attachment 1414586
And this is the connector cable that came with the new triple fans I have installed, I can see this has a connector that attaches to the one above so that makes sense
View attachment 1414583
Now what I don't understand is how then I connect anything from the connector cable to the 3 fans I have installed as nothing seems to fit, they have 2 connectors available as below after I have plugged in their 4 pin power cable
View attachment 1414585

I cant connect any drgb connectors to my mobo as mentioned earlier as it only supports 4 pin 12v rbg unfortunately

Excuse the hands :D

I cannot remember exactly how i did it but all i remember is connecting 4 fans together daisy chaining and connecting 2 of my fans to the cpu cooler. Im aware not all 6 will be running at the same speed if my cpu gets hot but you cannot tell from eye sight. Its hard to get a picture of how its all hooked up but ive linked them like this
20201202_110843.jpg

Ignoring the other connector

20201202_111405.jpg

And connected these 2

20201202_110835.jpg

Then connected the end of that to the board.

Its a miss around this end good job its hidden

20201202_110915.jpg

Have you connected the sata cable to your PSU ?

Thanks appreciate the effort with the photos and will have another look and report back. Sata is connected and all the fans spin up and work ok, its just the pretty lights that are missing!

Thanks appreciate the effort with the photos and will have another look and report back. Sata is connected and all the fans spin up and work ok, its just the pretty lights that are missing!

Do you have 3 of the lights on ?

Yep front 3 fans that came with the case are all lit up just not the 3 I added. Will look at the cables again tonight and hope inspiration strikes as just can't see how they fit to the drgb cable in the case

Last edited:
Always find the Steam survey results interesting.

Despite all the hysteria surrounding the high end cards the market still seems geared towards the more xx60 series cards.

3080’s off to a good start though.

How do I clear all of these networks?
Sometimes i use my phone ( better dl speed) and everytime i connect my phone the count goes up ..
20201116_153623.jpg

Always find the Steam survey results interesting.

Despite all the hysteria surrounding the high end cards the market still seems geared towards the more xx60 series cards.

3080’s off to a good start though.
Budget. Most people don't mind spending £350 on a GPU.
A 3080 is nearly double that.
Plus I think AVF members have a higher disposable income than the rest of the country.
We must have to spend £500 on 5.1 systems

Plus I think AVF members have a higher disposable income than the rest of the country.
I agree - on the first part. Not convinced that 5.1 system will be up to much though... :D :blush:

I agree - on the first part. Not convinced that 5.1 system will be up to much though... :D :blush:
You try and convince my misses we need 2 more speakers and an extra subwoofer

£500 that must be just for the amp

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom