The PC General Chat Thread

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I did mount at the front, just meant with the hoses at bottom of radiator like this.

I ran the pc for a while at idle and browsing the web after installing and was getting some quite high temps (40-50°c) so not sure if something is wrong
What have you set the pump to run at?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Plugged into cpu fan then set that to 100% in bios. When looking on iCue the pump is running around 2200rpm on balanced setting
Seems right. Whats the load temp

Delvey

Distinguished Member
The cable is purely just for showing a speed reading, it doesn’t adjust anything as the speed is set by the AIO itself !
Not on my AIO it doesn’t, hence why I asked

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Don’t think you can even change pump speed in Corsair link/iCue as they are designed to run at full speed all the time ?
Not been my experience, on brothers h100i xt the pump and fan speed is all controlled in iCue iirc

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Not been my experience, on brothers h100i xt the pump and fan speed is all controlled in iCue iirc
OK just had a look and there are only 3 profiles for the pump that can be set in iCue, Quiet (1900 RPM), Balanced (2300 RPM) and Extreme (2800 RPM), you can't manually set a profile or speed for the pump.

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Change the profile from Default and see if that lets you set up fan curves for the pump

ostewart

So having to sort out my younger brothers PC (kinda messed mine up too).

I was planning to put my 2 DIMMS of DDR4 8GB 2133 into his build so he has 16GB dual channel RAM, and upgrade mine to faster RAM.

Putting the 2 DIMMS into his H310M (i5 8400 CPU) it would not boot, it will only boot with a single DIMM installed - B365 motherboard ordered.

However putting that RAM back in to mine (Z170 Pro), I'm now getting 100% CPU usage and some windows interrupts issues, ran MemTest86 and no CPU or RAM faults, so I think a windows re-install is needed. System restore didn't work. Not sure what's happened here, but hoping to figure it out, my new RAM is arriving today. I did reset the BIOS and that didn't fix it either.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
You can set fan curves for the fans but not for the pump, only the 3 fixed speeds are available.
Glad I didn't go Corsair then.

ostewart

Not sure why though, why would you want to change the pump speed ?
Noise and efficiency - it's nice to be able to choose a curve for the pump as you would a normal fan.

On the Fractal Celsius+ you only have one plug, that can be PWM controlled - it ramps up FAN and Pump speed all in one, but you can't change the fans speed separately unless you plug the fans into a fan header and not the hub on the AIO.

Different brands do it differently, but I think pump speed should be able to be controlled and have a curve like the fan speed.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Noise and efficiency - it's nice to be able to choose a curve for the pump as you would a normal fan.

On the Fractal Celsius+ you only have one plug, that can be PWM controlled - it ramps up FAN and Pump speed all in one, but you can't change the fans speed separately unless you plug the fans into a fan header and not the hub on the AIO.

Different brands do it differently, but I think pump speed should be able to be controlled and have a curve like the fan speed.
Corsair pump is silent on all speeds so makes no difference, I just leave it on the balanced setting, But I suppose if you have a noisy pump then maybe it could be useful.

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
Corsair pump is silent on all speeds so makes no difference, I just leave it on the balanced setting, But I suppose if you have a noisy pump then maybe it could be useful.
Likewise, brothers runs at max performance and with the exception of the graphics card his pc is basically silent

I'm yet to install my h150i, waiting for a 3080 to show up, taking the bunch down to my mate as we're deliding the 8700k for a lapped copper IHS and liquid metal to the die. 5.2ghz here we come, 4.8 stable already with a 240mm cracken on factory IHS, so with the extra thermal performance should easily get the extra, be a nice bump and prevent it being as much of a bottleneck for fs2020 and the 3080 in general at 5760 x 1080 and at 4k

Delvey

Distinguished Member

Not sure why though, why would you want to change the pump speed ?
I would add slower fluid flow means more heat transfer at the heatsink. And also more heat transfer at the heat exchanger (the radiatior in this case).

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
If you're not bothered about RGB, Corsair ML140. I have 3 ML140s and 4 ML120s in my Phanteks 719. They're great.
out of curiosity have you done any checks to see if thats given you any negative pressure through the case?

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
I would add slower fluid flow means more heat transfer at the heatsink. And also more heat transfer at the heat exchanger (the radiatior in this case).
Surely you just set it to the slowest speed and don't worry about it then?

ostewart

I did just read this, it kind of makes sense... Watercooling Myths Exposed - Overclockers

"In a closed loop, a given water molecule actually spends
the same amount of time in the radiator, no matter how fast it is
moving, as long as the water is indeed moving.

If this is a
difficult concept to understand, think about a race car on a track.
If the track is one mile (5280 ft) long and the car is driving at 60
mph, the car will spend about one second in a 100 ft stretch. Think
of the 100 ft stretch as the radiator.

If the speed is
doubled, the car only spends ½ a second in the 100 ft section, but
it passes through that same section twice a minute, so it spends a
total of one second in the 100 ft section per minute."

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 2nd December 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett