The patch is out now!

SlingShotUK

The patch is now available. It will autoupdate once your start the game while connected to the internet.

I'm just letting it download and patch now.

Size is 18MB.

Fingers crossed it'll fix alot of the issues, though I didn't hear any mention of fixing framerate problems - mainly fixes to freezing and online play.

Battle

Yep, just got it when I signed on :thumbsup:

Hopefully this will correct the errors with the online stats as ive been up to level 2 about 3 times now and it keeps resetting :mad:

m4rkie23

Novice Member
just installed it. only took 2-3 mins at most

1 week is a very quick turn around for a patch isnt it.!!!???

hope this means that there are good things to come from rockstar!! :thumbsup:

SlingShotUK

Well this doesnt seem to do anything to fix the judder problems.

Judder in 720p makes the game unplayable but it's good in 1080p but still has some stuttering / juddering (especially when panning down from the hospital to Niko etc)..

Wonder if they will release another patch to solve that.. Here's hoping.

Anotherlimey

Distinguished Member
Well this doesnt seem to do anything to fix the judder problems.

Judder in 720p makes the game unplayable but it's good in 1080p but still has some stuttering / juddering (especially when panning down from the hospital to Niko etc)..

Wonder if they will release another patch to solve that.. Here's hoping.
I really dont see this judder either at 720p or 1080p :confused:

SlingShotUK

I really dont see this judder either at 720p or 1080p :confused:
Yeah its a strange one and doesnt affect all users.

I think it might be the HD in some units as I notice the judder often goes along with a lot of HD access - i.e when streaming a lot of data it hasnt got in it's cache into view. Though it's just my theory so far.

Either that or its the tv that is causing the issue, but many people - myself included - don't get judder with other games on the same tv..

It is a strange one..

MightyMartin

Novice Member
Didnt make any difference to my online, goes to start the game and then

"Lost connection to one or more players, returning to single player mode"

:thumbsdow
I'm getting that everytime I try and play online as well

kourosh

Distinguished Member
downloaded no probs,graphic's still good:thumbsup:

fowlersrs

I still get the problem of disconnecting when trying to play online, it worked the very first time I tried it, if this is there idea of a fix there taking the **** :mad:

Jonstone

At 18mb I would imagine this is just a change in the code where the game hangs when it can't contact the rockstar servers instead of ignoring it and carrying on (single player of course) like it was supposed to.

I haven't had any freezing problems for the last few days anyway, probably because so many people had turned off the PSN to play it that there wasn't such pressure on the servers

Tigerblade

Just froze whilst playing online :thumbsdow

Admitadlly it was a hell of a lot longer than last time before a freeze, but a freeze nonetheless, I'll try again later tho. Not happy.

pointbreakuk

Standard Member
what does the patch do???anyone figured it out yet???

fowlersrs

as far as I can see mate the patch is a supposed fix for online mode problems people where experiencing, Im online now, it wasnt working for me earlier, just sat in a game with 10 other players waiting to play, is amazing what u can do..

supahoops

Novice Member
Seems the patch is for the online issues:

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=050708_8

Also: http://au.gamespot.com/news/6190539.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;1

GTA IV PS3 Patch Available
[Ure "Vader" Paul] 02:56 pm EDT @ May 07th, 2008
Filed under: GTA IV, GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

Rockstar just released an update for the PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV. The patch is available for download right now via the PlayStation Network. Apparently, users are going to be prompted to install the patch upon starting the game. Rockstar claims that the patch "prevents Gamespy's servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up."

They also said: "We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible."

Oggie

Distinguished Member
Seems the patch is for the online issues:

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=050708_8

Also: http://au.gamespot.com/news/6190539.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;1

GTA IV PS3 Patch Available
[Ure "Vader" Paul] 02:56 pm EDT @ May 07th, 2008
Filed under: GTA IV, GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

Rockstar just released an update for the PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV. The patch is available for download right now via the PlayStation Network. Apparently, users are going to be prompted to install the patch upon starting the game. Rockstar claims that the patch "prevents Gamespy's servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up."

They also said: "We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible."
thats good to hear, at least they admit that there are problems and gonna do something about it

Safe101

Cough* Konami Cough*

CeeJay775

Novice Member
Its the console, nothing to do with the game. :(

The above is a joke, just thought i'd get in first. If anyone says its in bad taste i'll delete. :clown:

Kawsar17

Banned
i just downloaded the patch and now it seems i cant do any missions for some reason i stand in the yellow icon and nothing happens. can anyone help?

dalton192

Novice Member
Before patch the game would freeze then it refused to load unless I signed out of PSN. After downloading the patch it loaded fine and didn't freeze despite playing for an hour. Hopefully it's fixed the game for me.