The Passion Of The Christ

S

sharpee

Hi, Does anybody know if there is going to be a 2disk special edition of this film coming out in the near future.
Thanks.

Don't get me started... :devil:

Nore me ............................... :D

Gary

Although I have heard a whisper of a 1,972nd Anniversary Collector's Gift set coming next Easter complete with a hammer and three nails. :devil:

Deleted scenes on Disc 2 include the scene where JC rises from the tomb and bellows "FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOM!", removed when it was pointed out to Melvin that this was not exactly Biblically accurate... :D

the_pauley said:
Although I have heard a whisper of a 1,972nd Anniversary Collector's Gift set coming next Easter complete with a hammer and three nails. :devil:

Deleted scenes on Disc 2 include the scene where JC rises from the tomb and bellows "FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOM!", removed when it was pointed out to Melvin that this was not exactly Biblically accurate... :D

:clap: :rotfl: Very Good :thumbsup:

:D

the_pauley said:

Ha Ha Ha .............very funny. :boring:

the_pauley
Prov 9:8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you. Prov 9:8 (NIV)
So I will leave with this my friend.

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Ps 14:1(NAS)

I think its fine to mock the film if its garbage. I'd be a little uncomfortable about mocking the film just because the subject matter is not to your taste guys.

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Ps 14:1(NAS)
So, the Bible says that those that don't believe in God are fools. Jeez - what a surprise, not to mention a totally unbiased source too. :D Forgive me if I take that one with a large pinch of salt...

Incidentally - calling people "fools" on the forums has in the past resulted in a ban from the moderators. Don't know what the position is on said insults being wrapped in quotes from primitive, superstitious manuscripts is though. ;)

Goodtimes - there's no need to get all evangelical on me. A careful reading of the post (as opposed to a knee-jerk reaction) will reveal that the "humour" was directed at 1) DVD marketing and 2) Mel Gibson's p*** poor film.

Quite what that has to do with the existence or non-existence of God I don't really know.

Mr D said:
I think its fine to mock the film if its garbage. I'd be a little uncomfortable about mocking the film just because the subject matter is not to your taste guys.
Don't worry Keith - it's the first one! :smashin:

1. your very correct the bible is VERY BIASED
the real tragedy is that That scripture is in the past tense .

2. I aint getting all evangelical on you mate, but when you make fun of my LORD and Savior even in jest and ridicule what I consider to be the single most sacrificial act in human history you better expect an reaction from this hombre.
Even hiding behind the apparently all powerful mask of dark humor I find it offensive.
3.I can understand where you are coming from regarding DVD marketing but I still find it offensive about the nails and so on.
4 I didn’t call you a fool as you poignantly pointed out the Bible did and I was merely trying to suggest it might not be such a great idea to slight even in jest the 1 act of salvation that would save even you.
5 your quote would be from a more modern script. Eh

Never mind alls fair in love and war as they say .
PS I do try to read your posts with as much concentration as I can muster.

cheers big ears

Reprinted for the hard of understanding...

the_pauley said:
A careful reading of the post (as opposed to a knee-jerk reaction) will reveal that the "humour" was directed at 1) DVD marketing and 2) Mel Gibson's p*** poor film.

I don't really like religious movies being a non-believer etc but i did actually give this a watch and ended up being impressed by its direction and acting and superb cinematography and the dvd edition has a superb picture and sound quality about it, very moving story but i'm still not a convert :devil: .

A brave subject to tackle and i think Gibson did a fine job, he's directed 3 movies now and all have been good movies, some people just don't like his politics and thus feel the need to attack his movies, shame really but thats human nature.

"...some people..." Hmm. Wonder who he could mean? :devil:

Come on Foxy - let's not go down that road again. That resulted in more bloodshed than in Gibbo's movie! :D

goodtimes said:
2. I aint getting all evangelical on you mate, but when you make fun of my LORD and Savior even in jest and ridicule what I consider to be the single most sacrificial act in human history you better expect an reaction from this hombre.
Even hiding behind the apparently all powerful mask of dark humor I find it offensive.
3.I can understand where you are coming from regarding DVD marketing but I still find it offensive about the nails and so on.
4 I didn’t call you a fool as you poignantly pointed out the Bible did and I was merely trying to suggest it might not be such a great idea to slight even in jest the 1 act of salvation that would save even you.
5 your quote would be from a more modern script. Eh
cheers big ears

Chr*st! how do you walk the streets without being offended?

seem to do it almost every day, you seem to be more freaked than I do

The passion of the christ is rubbish as a film.

The violence is sickening and is used purely for shock value especailly the torture of christ by the romans. and the story itself is badly told - indeed you couldn't watch this if you know nothing of the bible - far too many plot holes.

Ranks as one of the worst films i've ever seen. It was the final nail in Gibsons coffin for me after the Braveheart and the Patiriot - i cant say i'll ever care if i see one of his films ever again.

Gary

Ooooh!

You've done it now Gary!!! :D

the_pauley said:
Ooooh!

You've done it now Gary!!! :D

:D hey i'm commeting on the film itself not the 2000 year old fairy story it was taken from :D

I know mate - still risky round these parts.

"Some people" (ahem! :devil: ) might get a touch upset by the boy Melvin being dissed. :)

i was thinking about this thread over the weekend and while i accept that "goodtimes" might be upset. he has too accept that I (and maybe you) find the whole idea of religion to be offensive. and just because he/she is religous doesn't mean that my rights as a non believe take second place to his/her unproven beliefs. How a game of Chinese whispers from 2000 years ago can be turned into a text to live ones life by is beyond me.

But were not talking about the religion -were talking about a rubbish film and thats a different matter. :smashin:

Passion of the Christ IS rubbish!!!!

Gary

All that said, and much as I have enjoyed reading the other (lengthy) thread on this, all the original poster asked for was information on a possible upcoming re-release / 2-disc edition of this film, he wasn't starting a debate on the film.

It would be nice if anyone could answer his question - instead of replicating the other thread!

This review is a pretty good one.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149617&highlight=passion+christ+dvd+review

How can anyone not like Braveheart ? Gibson deserved the best actor oscar that year.

Still each to their own.

As for a 2 disc special edition i haven't heard anything yet but i would expect it'll eventually happen ( although Braveheart was supposed to be getting a tenth anniversary release this year with new improved picture transfer and loads of extra's )

FoxyMulder said:
How can anyone not like Braveheart ? Gibson deserved the best actor oscar that year.

anyone with a working knowledge of English Scottish History knows that is a big steaming pile of horse ****. its just Mel Pommie bashing again.

and just because the Forum review is good does't mean that it is.

As for the 2 disc edition - its good that Icon entertainment aren't worried about profittering over the death of their lord and saviour (like to see Mel justifying that to the big man upstairs :smashin: )

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom