The Passion of Christ

vonhosen

Novice Member
I have eventually seen this movie

Let me start by saying I am not religious at all.

Not something I would bother seeing again & no great movie (hype over substance)

Not being at all religious I had no axe to grind. The film has not left me feeling at all religious (despite people trying to thrust leaflets for a local church at me on the exit, which I declined) & I can't see it producing any anti-semetic feelings in christians either (who don't already harbour those feelings).

The violence, although graphic, was not as bad as I was expecting. Perhaps I take a rather simplistic view of it all , but to me it is a movie that displays the violent inhumanity that we as a species are capable of and it also displays that although the future looks bleak there is hope because we are also capable of great love & compassion for fellow human beings. I don't think a great deal has changed though. If he returned tomorrow & proclaimed himself he would be ridiculed & seen as a threat by people in a position of power who want to protect their position. He may not be crucified now but would probably suffer a similar fate as David Icke.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
I agree with much of what you have said vonhosen.

But the comparison between Jesus and Icke is a little jaundiced to be fair.

the_pauley

Banned
Yes, especially as there is no firm historical evidence that David Icke ever actually existed. :lesson:

@Home

I have been told that this film has subtitles due to being in hebrew and arabic :confused: .

Could someone please confirm that it is in english :clap: and has NO subtitles. That way I may well go and see it this weekend.

Cheers

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
I can confirm that the film is not in Hebrew and Arabic.

It is in Arameic and Latin with English subtitles.

alancolledge

Originally posted by the_pauley
Yes, especially as there is no firm historical evidence that David Icke ever actually existed. :lesson:

You are wrong I have a signed towel with the imprint of his face on it!:rotfl:

Bless you all......

the_pauley

Banned
Ah - the infamous "Turin Towel". That's just a mid '80s forgery, supposedly obtained years before when Icke wiped his face on a towel at a track and feld event at Turin in the '70s, an event that experts on a "A Question of Sport" have proven never actually took place.

David Icke is a myth - live with it!!! :rolleyes:

Lex

Originally posted by the_pauley
David Icke is a myth

Oh ****! Who did I just crucify then?!?! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom