The Panel In The New R87.... Definitive Answer????

allazey_uk

IT NOW SEEMS THAT SAMSUNG ARE OWNING UP TO USING VARYING PANELS IN THEIR TVs! WELL... IN THE R87 AT LEAST!

Just sent an email to Samsung asking... "Please could you confirm which type of panel the LE32R87BD LCD television has".

The response I have just received is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

Customer Reference Number: - 2101883444.

With reference to your email regarding the LE32R87BD, we use one of
these panels:
· SPVA
· SMVA
· AMVA

I hope this has been of some assistance to you. If youdo have any
further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Sunil
Samsung Electronics UK
Customer Communication Center
Tel.: 0870 726 7864 (All calls charged at National Rate)
Homepage:www.samsung.com/uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... you can end up with a Samsung S-PVA panel, an AUO AMVA panel, or a CMO SMVA panel.
Here is CMO's description of their new SMVA panel... http://www.cmo.com.tw/cmo/english/technology/technology.jsp?flag=20030304111754

According to CMO the normal MVA panel that no ones wants to be stuck with has a viewing angel of 45 degrees. The SMVA gives an extra 80 degrees! Better :smashin: but still not the 170+ degrees that samsung quote :thumbsdow

allazey_uk

I'VE JUST SPENT MOST OF TODAY IN TOTTENHAM CRT RD AND EDGWARE RD.... AND EVERY SHOP I WENT INTO (APRROX. 15 SHOPS) HAD R87's WITH CMO PANELS.
I DIDN'T SEE ONE SINGLE 32" R87 WITH WITH ANY AN SPVA OR AUO PANEL.
WENT INTO THREE CURRYS ASWELL AND ALL OF THE R88's (DIXON GROUP'S R87 EQUIVALENT) HAD CMO PANELS TOO.

HOWEVER, I SAW PLENTY OF 26", 37" AND 40" R87's WITH AUO AND SPVA PANELS. IN FACT, I DIDN'T A SINGLE CMO PANEL ON ANY OF THOSE SIZES!

I THINK ITS PRETTY SAFE TO SAY THAT TO AVOID CMO's BUY ANY SIZE APART FROM THE 32".

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom