• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Panasonic WT65 Owners Thread

ramdrive

Banned
This is the The Panasonic WT65 Owners Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

MAX1210

From 1st May to 30th June 2013 - Claim a "gift" 16GB Ipad 2 with purchases of WT65 via online redemption at the Panasonic UK website. This is to highlight the "dual screen" feature of the WT65.

Shouldn't matter where you purchased the TV.

Attachments

• 17686_PAN_WT65_iPad_TCs_v2-page-001.jpg
    17686_PAN_WT65_iPad_TCs_v2-page-001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

sweetooth

From 1st May to 30th June 2013 - Claim a "gift" 16GB Ipad 2 with purchases of WT65 via online redemption at the Panasonic UK website. This is to highlight the "dual screen" feature of the WT65.

That is a good deal, the 16gb model on Apples website is £329!

Last edited:

dazwaldo

the design of this set is stunning APART from that clear stand, surely that will look messy seeing all the cables trailing behind it??

MAX1210

the design of this set is stunning APART from that clear stand, surely that will look messy seeing all the cables trailing behind it??

Wall mount it then :D

Yeah I know what you mean, when I saw it at the show last month it was wall mounted so didn't get to see the stand. Hopefully they'll be something to hide the cables.

damianpadden

have you got the link as i cannot seem to find it

MAX1210

Wip3out

Its still not active?
And bizarrely, according to an email I just recieved from Panasonics customer support, the WT65 isn't going to be released until end of may beginning of June, making this deal nigh on impossible to get?

MAX1210

Its still not active?
And bizarrely, according to an email I just recieved from Panasonics customer support, the WT65 isn't going to be released until end of may beginning of June, making this deal nigh on impossible to get?

The deal is on til end of July.

Wip3out

Hehe :)
That must have just gone up?

I see it's until the 30th of June, that might explain why this girl says the tv is not for sale until end of may beginning of June ;)

Wip3out

Weird how they do absolutely 0 actual reference tests and /or give actual useful (scientific/specific) information regarding performance? It's all speculation based on 1 guys views comparing it with a plasma...?

Let's hope mark gets his set, absolutely beasts it, gives it the full monty of a bench test (vs dt65 etc) and we can test or check the scientific results again the other readings/ results from other reviews of other tvs on here.

That guy sounded like I gave the tv to my dad to review, I wouldn't read to much into that amateur reviewer with his thx DVD, "by eye" calibration, no colourometer and no actual evidence or readings etc for us to view :D

How the site is still running is beyond me!

Last edited:

johnnyhungus

Placed my order for the 55" WT65 today and it is being delivered on Tuesday 14th, I have high hopes for this set.

TBH I am a bit sick of active 3D, which is one of the reasons I went for this set, that and the fact it has great viewing angles. True, I have not seen one in the flesh, so this is a bit of a punt but I liked what I saw with the DT65 and have the usual terms of purchase with it.

The only thing I am cheesed about is that there are no price matches around at the moment, so I have 28 days to get one in, otherwise I will have to swallow the full cost :rolleyes:

John Lewis had 15 at their distribution centre today, so I went for it! :smashin:

MAX1210

Weird how they do absolutely 0 actual reference tests and /or give actual useful (scientific/specific) information regarding performance? It's all speculation based on 1 guys views comparing it with a plasma...?

Let's hope mark gets his set, absolutely beasts it, gives it the full monty of a bench test (vs dt65 etc) and we can test or check the scientific results again the other readings/ results from other reviews of other tvs on here.

That guy sounded like I gave the tv to my dad to review, I wouldn't read to much into that amateur reviewer with his thx DVD, "by eye" calibration, no colourometer and no actual evidence or readings etc for us to view :D

They sell a lot of advertising space in the magazine and on the website :rotfl:

owens2000

I must say that I find some of these comments a bit below the belt. What hi-fi is a well respected publication whose business model is based on providing impartial reviews and consumer advice of audio and visual equipment. While the reviewer may not have run the full set of tests with professional equipment, I can assume he/she has experience reviewing televisions and is well placed more than most to baseline performance, quality and value for money against similar models.
I'm looking for a 46" myself and do still have high hopes for the WT65 which is on a short list together with the Samsung F8000 and Sony W9. My decision will ultimately be based on reviews, value for money and by demoing all the models in the short list myself.

Wip3out

What suprises m even more then, is that there are people dumb enough, and willing to actually pag them to advertise on that useless site... that blows my mind.

My interpretation of a what hifi review:
WX95 Review
Turns on and off with the remote really well, but also has buttons on the side if you don't like remotes.
Watched a bit of tv on it, used a thx DVD to calibrate it by eye to my own personal preference with absolutely zero reference points and even watched DEAL OR NO DEAL and used Noels JUMPER as a point of referencing how good the HD visual are!!! <<<<< that was want he actually said and is not my interpretation :eek: :rotfl:

It's got some plugs on the back, you can plug stuff into them, plus it has a stand and 3D glasses.

We won't mention gaming, we won't mention reference points or calibration, we won't mention anything of any use what so ever! We won't even compare it with the set below or other tvs in its category, we will will In fact compare it a plasma!

Any moron who pays to advertise on the site wants shooting, they should in stead pay AVForums! At least they actually test the equipment and give useful information :D

Wip3out

I'm a WT owner (arrived 1hr ago) talking about WT reviews from around the web, Pretty sure that's on topic ;)

That said, as long as posting settings isn't off topic as well, considering they aren't mentioned explicitly in the title, I'll post some up along with some sexy pics folks :D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom