The Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Owners Thread

MAX1210

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So with the imminent arrival of the TX-P60ZT65 into stores, I noticed there wasn't an owners thread yet :eek: I thought there needed to be one what with all the people with pre-orders so here we go. I will become a temporary owner tomorrow when 2 get delivered to store :thumbsup: but both of those have orders against at the moment :thumbsdow so no chance to play with one unless one of the customers decide to cancel their orders.

Last edited:
I can't wait! I've been told Friday by my local dealer. He highly rates his rep and since i ordered it nearly 3 months ago i would like to think i won't be too far down on the list.

Hmm that's something that I was supposed to check today but I forgot, I'll send a txt tomorrow to the dealer and double check but I'm under the impression that I will have it Friday.

Will update when I know more.':smashin:

OK just confirmed that my dealer will have it tomorrow so i will need to collect it or pay for delivery...

Just been told from my third party seller that there is a delay with their ZT order. I've been told their rep is coming in next Wednesday so to ring back next week late Wednesday/Thursday when they will know more. Might have to adjust me sig! :(

Just been told from my third party seller that there is a delay with their ZT order. I've been told their rep is coming in next Wednesday so to ring back next week late Wednesday/Thursday when they will know more. Might have to adjust me sig! :(

Third party seller? Are they not an authorised Panasonic dealer then?

No idea mate, why, is that important?

I was told 16th June for the ZT - however I think that was made up / estimated date based on limited facts - speaking to some Panny stores there are none in the country so i think some fibbing is going on - probs not intentional.

I am cancelling my ZT order - but the retailer has been very good and they offered me a great price.
If you pm me I will give you the name of my rep there, she has been most helpful and I am sure will give a similar good deal if you want it, I would like here to get some good business

No idea mate, why, is that important?

Well the ZT65 is limited distribution, so any authorised outlet of the ZT65 will be hanging onto them for dear life (to sell) rather than sell them off at trade price to a "third party" seller to make money on. Also the third party seller may not be able to give you the 5 year Panasonic Warranty if they're not an authorised dealer.

I was told 16th June for the ZT - however I think that was made up / estimated date based on limited facts - speaking to some Panny stores there are none in the country so i think some fibbing is going on - probs not intentional.

I am cancelling my ZT order - but the retailer has been very good and they offered me a great price.
If you pm me I will give you the name of my rep there, she has been most helpful and I am sure will give a similar good deal if you want it, I would like here to get some good business

If there's none in the country what's this then?

http://www.avforums.com/forums/19046523-post1001.html

Well by 'third party' I meant not a Panasonic store. They may be authorized they may not tbh I never checked. It looks as if stock is going to be delayed or in very short supply no matter who you order from.

Thx for the offer Ellisdj but I got a very good price so I will decline.

Oh and I did get the 5 year warranty :)

Well by 'third party' I meant not a Panasonic store. They may be authorized they may not tbh I never checked. It looks as if stock is going to be delayed or in very short supply no matter who you order from.

Thx for the offer Ellisdj but I got a very good price so I will decline.

Oh and I did get the 5 year warranty :)

Ah,:smashin: see what you mean, yep sounds like they are an authorised Panasonic dealer then

There is definitely stock in the country as TPS received their first delivery yesterday, and we got 2 yesterday too.

Panasonic say's they won't be able to deliver mine until June 20th.. The wait is killing me!
It hurts to look at my 5 year old samsung 37"..

Panasonic say's they won't be able to deliver mine until June 20th.. The wait is killing me!
It hurts to look at my 5 year old samsung 37"..

Panasonic say, or your dealer says?

goes to show that some fibs / mis information is flying around atm.
I cant face keep chasing up hoping and waiting, I would rather have an extra 5" screen size and slightly worse pic in brighter light and not the that grief, I dont cope with it well - I hope others have a smoother sail and get theirs soon

goes to show that some fibs / mis information is flying around atm.
I cant face keep chasing up hoping and waiting, I would rather have an extra 5" screen size and slightly worse pic in brighter light and not the that grief, I dont cope with it well - I hope others have a smoother sail and get theirs soon

I think my local independent retailer got delivery of them yesterday. (SW London)

It's arrived at my house! Just unpacking now and putting the wall mount up. Will update in a while :thumbsup:

It's arrived at my house! Just unpacking now and putting the wall mount up. Will update in a while :thumbsup:

I'm on my second week without a proper living room TV after selling my Sammy D8000 LED set, trying to watch some television and some games on PS3 on my brother's spare 32'' from some years back - colour me jealous :rolleyes:, this wait is killing me.

I'm expecting to receive my ZT60 'early' next month, but who knows what that'll end up being. Would be nice to have it just in time for E3 though.

Well I've had mine on preorder now for a few months , think its going to be June/July till I get mine...:banghead:

:hiya: Well we're all dying to know what it's like, is it really worth nearly £4k :eek:

Morning Everyone :)

OK so we got it on the wall (stud wall) which was a laugh as we couldn't actually find the studs to drill the bracket into.. however after 20+ small holes ( I'm renting this flat :blush: ) we discovered two so phew that was becoming a problem... after drilling the steel bracket to create 2 new holes to line up with the studs that were too far apart (thanks cowboy builders) the TV was up.

Everything went smoothly, yes it is annoying having the HDMI ports on the far left as you can see my gear is on the far right but the lengths of cable were just OK.

I have discovered a couple of bugs/issues though. The first is similar to what AVFJAY has mentioned about the screen not returning the the correct black level, for example the Oppo blu-ray was paused and my girlfriend turned the touch pen on which opened some TV message saying something about the pen, when the message went off the blacks were clearly washed out and appeared whitish grey! Turning the TV off solved it, is there an easier way to fix this?

Second issue I have and this is far more of a problem that did NOT occur with my Pioneer is this - The Oppo is connected to the TV via HDMI out one and to the Arcam avr600 for sound via HDMI out 2. Now for some very irritating reason if I start a film everything is fine HOWEVER if I press the menu button on the TV remote then the TV, Oppo & Arcam start to get stuck in an HDMI handshake loop and the picture just keep cutting in and out on the TV and the sound cuts in and out on the Arcam! I've solved it for now by using the multichannel analogue outputs from the Oppo to the Arcam to cut down on the handshaking. Please remember this did not happen with the KRP.

You may be thinking why I choose to use both HDMI outputs from the Oppo and no it was nothing to do with the purist dream of separating the two from each other (audio and video). It's for convenience. You see, I have the game consoles running through the arcams HDMI ins and therefore the Arcams HDMI output to the TV has it's "game mode" and any picture mode to suit it. The Oppo has it's own HDMI port on the TV and therefore has it's own THX cinema and other picture adjustments to suit. This way i don't have to think about changing picture modes... and nor does my girlfriend more importantly. If anybody knows how I can fix the above pls let me know.

Otherwise coming from a KRP 600 the picture is very smooth, it's nice to see less dither/PWM noise although I will say that there is a lot of dithering in the darker areas which JUST becomes undetectable at 8-9 feet. You can see the fast vertical scans (reset pulses) on black parts of the image from a maximum of a 2 feet away.

The remote is superb but not as good as the KRP remote which was more substantial in every way.

It would be difficult for me to genuinely say this is a worthwhile improvement over the Pioneer for the extra cost but it does improve in most areas and anyone looking to replace their Kuro I would advise to check out the VT/ZT first before making that move blindly.

Harry.

Attachments

• DSCF1555.jpg
    DSCF1555.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,190
  • DSCF1556.jpg
    DSCF1556.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,096

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom