Quantcast

The Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Owners Thread

SonOfSJ

My bracket arrived today and got the ZT wall mounted at last. Really love the minimal clean look of the panel, the glass front looks so much better than the modern OLED panels, which just look rippled and often the top edge isn’t straight.

Also the chrome edge looks like a picture frame so fits in nicely above our mantle piece. Viewing height is a little high but it’s the only wall mounted location we have.

View attachment 1257190
That does look too high. Does it have to be wall-mounted, can you not use its own desktop stand?

pascal77uk

That does look too high. Does it have to be wall-mounted, can you not use its own desktop stand?
Yes only place for it.

Had my Samsung PS64F8500 there since 2014 and never bothered me. We sit 14ft away, eye line direct with the bottom of the screen and centre of the screen is on the 12.5 degree viewing angle range so it’s spot on. But ideally I’d like it a bit lower.

SonOfSJ

14 feet away from a 60" screen! I'm either 8 feet or 11 feet from an eye-level 75".

pascal77uk

14 feet away from a 60" screen! I'm either 8 feet or 11 feet from an eye-level 75".
To be honest my room isn’t set up for perfect viewing, it’s just how it is. I have a tilt bracket as well. So feels fine to watch.

mooface

My bracket arrived today and got the ZT wall mounted at last. Really love the minimal clean look of the panel, the glass front looks so much better than the modern OLED panels, which just look rippled and often the top edge isn’t straight.

Also the chrome edge looks like a picture frame so fits in nicely above our mantle piece. Viewing height is a little high but it’s the only wall mounted location we have.

View attachment 1257190
That looks lovely. I started to resent the chrome bezel on my ZT after seeing all the waffer thin oled bezels knocking round. But seeing this photo, I almost miss it.

pascal77uk

Thanks mate. Yea love the bezel on the ZT, the OLED panels can look a bit cheap. And don’t look flat especially compared to the beautiful glass of the ZT

The only OLED screen that looks good is the GZ2000 Professional screen.

Heres another for you

683C2B50-17E6-4E71-B7F3-65E34712CAA4.jpeg

pascal77uk

I had to pop into curry’s yesterday to pick up a black ethernet cable for the Apple TV to replace one I nicked from another set of speakers.

And I had another sneaky pic at the TV’s. And yes they are technically impressive and have an out of this world look to them with incredible detail i which I guess is their selling point. But I had a thought. I wonder what those demos would look like on the old ZT. How much is the demos making these TVs so wow.

So last night I searched on YouTube and found them all, the latest Sony and LG 4K demos.

And was so surprised how well the ZT handled them. You could have put the TV in curry’s store and I would have bought it. It Still had an out of this world feel to it like the OLEDs and amazing colour and fantastic motion. But lack dynamically fractionally. Was actually impressive that a 7 year old TV could still go head to head with this technology and come away with it head held high. And coupled with Apple TV I’m using it operates better than the Android systems of LG C9 and Sony AG9 And light worlds away from the Panasonic GZ systems. But I am a Apple user so maybe just suits me better but has a slickness to it that others can’t match.