Quantcast

The Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Owners Thread

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Haven't checked mine. I've just bought a B8 Oled to try out. I'd keep the ZT forever but the IR is getting worse now so I have to be careful about how i watch the TV. Plus the buzzing can be irritating. Watching something like Fortitude on Sky Atlantic was hard work. Anyone else have these problems?
I've had no IR issues (the first few minutes when it's cold is the only time really), and no buzzing. I think it may be a PSU issue, my parents have an old Pioneer that is mostly totally fine except for audible buzzing.

mooface

I've had no IR issues (the first few minutes when it's cold is the only time really), and no buzzing. I think it may be a PSU issue, my parents have an old Pioneer that is mostly totally fine except for audible buzzing.
I raised the IR with Panasonic but they just gave me the rubbish about i being part of the technology. It used to be the first 10 mins when cold but now even after a few hours, stuff with hard edges like netflix menus are visible for a few mins. Would a new PSU sort this? Or is that the buzzing? Wondering if i should kick up a fuss with Panny before the warranty expires in March

Simba

Distinguished Member
my ZT always buzzed but only when picture is 90% white, can hear it if the room is silent but never with normal viewing. pretty sure its the power supply noise. if you can hear it during viewing thats not normal.

still happy with mine, il check hours tonight. the banding lottery on the LG oleds has really put me off.....wonder if the panny oleds are the same...

saying that i dont want to change my ZT

seanos

4.5 years and 8300 hours.
Still going strong, no issues other than brief IR which appears (and disappears) v. quickly.
Planning to go OLED after move house in next ~6months.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure buzzing when it's drawing a lot of power (lots of white / high brightness) is fairly normal, and in my experience it's always audible in a very quiet room but if you can hear it over normal viewing volume then that's not right. My ZT (touch wood) is just the normal kind of loud whereas my parents' Pioneer is a bit too buzzy although that seems to have started since it was last moved around, which is what makes me think it's a loose physical connection or fastening.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
I raised the IR with Panasonic but they just gave me the rubbish about i being part of the technology. It used to be the first 10 mins when cold but now even after a few hours, stuff with hard edges like netflix menus are visible for a few mins. Would a new PSU sort this? Or is that the buzzing? Wondering if i should kick up a fuss with Panny before the warranty expires in March
If it's getting worse and it's obvious I would raise a bit of a fuss - you'll lose some time, what else is there to lose?

Simba

Distinguished Member
Hours on mine showing 9999 o_O

mooface

So I’ve had 3 days with my B8 Oled. Panel seems to be pristine which is great. I Can’t say I’m bowled over so far. The image isn’t as natural as the ZT and motion is noticeably less smooth. 4K looks fantastic but I find myself admiring the resolution rather than the general image. With regular HD (Netflix and Sky), i think I far prefer the ZT.

I’ve got 3 months to decide whether to keep it or return to Costco so plenty of time to to experiment. I can see the B8 being a huge upgrade from a standard LED, but the ZT not so much.

I’d love to see the ZT entered into one of these blind shootouts to see what the wider consensus is

Simba

Distinguished Member
So I’ve had 3 days with my B8 Oled. Panel seems to be pristine which is great. I Can’t say I’m bowled over so far. The image isn’t as natural as the ZT and motion is noticeably less smooth. 4K looks fantastic but I find myself admiring the resolution rather than the general image. With regular HD (Netflix and Sky), i think I far prefer the ZT.

I’ve got 3 months to decide whether to keep it or return to Costco so plenty of time to to experiment. I can see the B8 being a huge upgrade from a standard LED, but the ZT not so much.

I’d love to see the ZT entered into one of these blind shootouts to see what the wider consensus is
this is exactly what happened to me....sure the resolution bump is nice but the set i viewed based on someone else taste had the sharpness turned up aswell adding even more to the pop effect.

iv not demoed a calibrated oled so not sure how it would truely compare.

hari967

This is what I’ve been telling my friends who already have a great plasma the oled is not a worthy upgrade. The more you watch the oled the more you see the inconsistencies like macro blocking on near black banding colour banding tinting the picture is quite frankly not like a plasma natural and pure. The colours don’t even match a callibrated plasma.
And I’m comparing a Sony af9 which is still using a LG oled panel.
The people impressed with the latest oled will be coming from a led

furryhobnob

Distinguished Member
This is what I’ve been telling my friends who already have a great plasma the oled is not a worthy upgrade. The more you watch the oled the more you see the inconsistencies like macro blocking on near black banding colour banding tinting the picture is quite frankly not like a plasma natural and pure. The colours don’t even match a callibrated plasma.
And I’m comparing a Sony af9 which is still using a LG oled panel.
The people impressed with the latest oled will be coming from a led
Not true, I went from a calibrated zt to a calibrated e6 oled and much prefer the oled even for 1080p stuff, even the zt as good as it is covers far less of the dci-p3 colour space compared to oleds, it was definitely a worthy upgrade in my opinion and one I don't regret, the only thing plasma has over oleds is motion resolution

Desticado

It’s moving house time. Does the unit need to stay vertical or can it lay flat for half an hour?

Last edited:

mooface

The advice was always to keep it upright. Personally, i'd do everything i could to do that. It depends how easy that is. I suspect with all the stress of moving you might think it's a gamble you'd gladly take rather than add another piece of stress to the move

Furnace Inferno

I transported it flat over a 30 min drive in the box and it was fine. The main issue is the glass cracking under its own weight or from a bump/pothole, laying it flat in itself doesn’t cause damage.

pascal77uk

Just purchased a ZT. So Very late to the party, actually looks like everyone has left lol Anyway

Im really pleased with the picture after coming from a Samsung P64F8500, does have the edge and the build quality leaves the Samsung standing.

6,682 hours when collected. No IR a bit does appear after watching certain stuff but a few passes of the scroll bar and it disappears.

There is some buzzing and you can hear the fans but both are reasonably low and we live by a busy road so that is more prominent.

hari967

Still a fantastic tv. Still handles most material better then the current oleds.
Great motion and processing. I wouldn’t even worry about oled. Just enjoy the ZT.

mooface

Ive boxed mine up ready for a potential house move. I do miss it, I have a B8 Oled now and I absolutely adore the contrast and lack of buzzing on bright screens. But I found the ZT easier on my eyes. I keep thinking about selling the ZT but I just can’t bring myself to do it

I found the IR was worse when cold and got better after 20 mins of use. It really is a gorgeous screen. Enjoy

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Just purchased a ZT. So Very late to the party, actually looks like everyone has left lol Anyway

Im really pleased with the picture after coming from a Samsung P64F8500, does have the edge and the build quality leaves the Samsung standing.

6,682 hours when collected. No IR a bit does appear after watching certain stuff but a few passes of the scroll bar and it disappears.

There is some buzzing and you can hear the fans but both are reasonably low and we live by a busy road so that is more prominent.
Certainly not late to the party - our ZT is still great, still working absolutely fine *knock on wood*. There's a thought to get something like an LG C9 (though I'd prefer a Panasonic), but it's very unlikely that we'll actually sell the ZT, it'll just be relegated to another room. Still a great TV, still puts a smile on my face when we watch a movie in the dark.

SonOfSJ

I'm not surprised that the picture on the ZT is even better than on Samsung's last and best plasma, but I'm intrigued that the build quality of the ZT leaves the Samsung standing, because I got the impression from reading reviews that the Samsung was itself pretty well made.

SonOfSJ

Certainly not late to the party - our ZT is still great, still working absolutely fine *knock on wood*. There's a thought to get something like an LG C9 (though I'd prefer a Panasonic), but it's very unlikely that we'll actually sell the ZT, it'll just be relegated to another room. Still a great TV, still puts a smile on my face when we watch a movie in the dark.
Delighted to hear that you won't be selling your ZT, especially as some have been going for derisory prices on eBay. Move it to another room, that's what I do when something bigger and better comes along! In your case, that would be a 77C9 OLED (a 65"OLED wouldn't be enough of a size increase over your existing 60" ZT).

Simba

Distinguished Member
lol i was going to post something wondering if anyone was about but all is well!

Ok so to simplify the setup i now run my Sky Q 2TB Box HDMI straight into the Pre-Amp where as before it was going into the Oppo 203 and the Oppo into the Pre-Amp. The Pre-Amp goes to the ZT.

Issue - im not getting any sound passing through to the ZT now when the Pre-Amp is in standby (pass through is enable and i have a Shield TV which works fine in this way). Nothing else has changed. Changing the HDMI audio from the Sky Q 2TB box from Dolby Digital to Normal makes the sound work but its as if the ZT is not able to decode the dolby signal.....

Iv been able to pass through audio fine previously using the Oppo with the Pre-Amp in standby...cant for the life of me think whats going on.....

any takers ?

pascal77uk

I'm not surprised that the picture on the ZT is even better than on Samsung's last and best plasma, but I'm intrigued that the build quality of the ZT leaves the Samsung standing, because I got the impression from reading reviews that the Samsung was itself pretty well made.

In regards to actual build quality the Samsung was very well made. What I should have said was the design and material used the Samsung standing. Just has that feel to it the Samsung didn’t.

pascal77uk

My bracket arrived today and got the ZT wall mounted at last. Really love the minimal clean look of the panel, the glass front looks so much better than the modern OLED panels, which just look rippled and often the top edge isn’t straight.

Also the chrome edge looks like a picture frame so fits in nicely above our mantle piece. Viewing height is a little high but it’s the only wall mounted location we have.

7C5F746A-FD7D-400C-8838-77B435F15B2A.jpeg

hari967

My bracket arrived today and got the ZT wall mounted at last. Really love the minimal clean look of the panel, the glass front looks so much better than the modern OLED panels, which just look rippled and often the top edge isn’t straight.

Also the chrome edge looks like a picture frame so fits in nicely above our mantle piece. Viewing height is a little high but it’s the only wall mounted location we have.

View attachment 1257190
The build quality and picture is superb on that set.