The Panasonic TX-P60ZT65B Owners Thread

This happened to mine a year ago lucky Ritchie sounds exchanged it for a e6 oled. I miss that plasma but the very happy with the e6
Unfortunately I got mine from Sevenoaks Sound and Vision in Bromley, they just told me to call Panasonic for any faults or claims under the extended warranty.

Panasonic have agreed to an engineer visit to have the unit inspected rather than relying on the photos provided. Technical team are still insisting it is direct sun damage and I will have to pay for the inspection and report and claim it back if it is proved to be a manufacturing fault! I know the unit has never been in Direct Sunlight, it’s totally impossible due to the fact the living room window faces west and by the time the sun get round to there it is behind buildings, trees etc. Frustrating that they simply dont believe what I am telling them but I suppose they are looking for any excuse to deny any claim. More to come....

Update..Panasonic Engineer from DKAVS Horley been to see the screen and has confirmed that the delamination to due to manufacturing fault, nothing to do with direct sunlight or enclosed space and it cannot be repaired and will only get worse. He will submit his report back to Panasonic UK and hopefully they will be in touch soon....but not holding my breath. Lets see what they offer....:rolleyes:

Update..Panasonic Engineer from DKAVS Horley been to see the screen and has confirmed that the delamination to due to manufacturing fault, nothing to do with direct sunlight or enclosed space and it cannot be repaired and will only get worse. He will submit his report back to Panasonic UK and hopefully they will be in touch soon....but not holding my breath. Lets see what they offer....:rolleyes:
They will no doubt try and fob you off with something inferior or smaller, tell them you want an oled as anything else they have for sale is inferior the the zt's image quality, you will also want to upgrade to a 65 inch as they dont sell 60 inch oleds, and you won't want to downsize surely

With the Panasonic ZT being there flagship model I personally wouldn't accept anything less than an OLED as a replacement.

They will no doubt try and fob you off with something inferior or smaller, tell them you want an oled as anything else they have for sale is inferior the the zt's image quality, you will also want to upgrade to a 65 inch as they dont sell 60 inch oleds, and you won't want to downsize surely
I think it would acceptable to expect OLED a least 65FZ802 or 65EZ952 not bothered about the additional speakers on the 65FZ952, but if they offer it wont say no.:clap: :thumbsup:

I think it would acceptable to expect OLED a least 65FZ802 or 65EZ952 not bothered about the additional speakers on the 65FZ952, but if they offer it wont say no.:clap: :thumbsup:
I dealt with the same repair centre and got an offer for the 65FZ952 when I was expecting the current 55EZ952 at best. Yours has a year more Panasonic warranty left than mine so I think you’ll be fine, they even said I could have an 65EZ952 if I didn’t want to wait until May which I probably would have gone for if it had the black filter, I’d even have taken the 802 since I don’t need the sound bar at all but like you if that’s the one they want to offer I’m not going to complain!

They used to have the DX902 LCD as their flagship TV with accompanying plasma killing marketing but now I think they don’t have any LCDs even they think are good enough to swap with.

I’ve got a projector since for 3D which I can highly recommend, it’s actually making me wonder if I even need a high end TV for movie watching anymore :facepalm:.

I guess the only thing is mine has another issue which from what I’ve read online is a power supply board issue and I’ve been getting a lot of image retention and pink/red on white backgrounds from after images but faulty is faulty as far as I’m concerned on a £4K TV.

Anyone know how many other people have had this same issue as I am experiencing, and have received a repair or replacement under 5 year warranty. Panasonic are still saying this is very rare occurrence and are trying to blame environmental issues which I presume means positioning and space around the TV installation. The visiting engineer stated that this was not an issue but Panasonic seem to be pushing this excuse as a way to refuse any Warranty claim.

Anyone know how many other people have had this same issue as I am experiencing, and have received a repair or replacement under 5 year warranty. Panasonic are still saying this is very rare occurrence and are trying to blame environmental issues which I presume means positioning and space around the TV installation. The visiting engineer stated that this was not an issue but Panasonic seem to be pushing this excuse as a way to refuse any Warranty claim.
Quite a few of them got the delamination issue, it's not a rarity on the zt panel

This happened to mine a year ago lucky Ritchie sounds exchanged it for a e6 oled. I miss that plasma but the very happy with the e6
Did you have Richer sounds warranty or Panasonic? Panasonic are messing me around!!

Quite a few of them got the delamination issue, it's not a rarity on the zt panel
Panasonic UK Technical Department has referred my claim this to a higher authority to get clarification on the cause of the delamination on my unit as they can't blame any environmental issues. Their first e-mail stated that the glue had dried out due to the heat from the unit plus being in Direct Sunlight (proven not to be so) and being in an enclosed space (proven untrue). But they seem adamant that there must be some other nefarious reason for the failure, not just a manufacturing fault and the glue drying out due to the high temperatures these screen produce. Meanwhile I wait and hope for a quick resolution.

RESULT! :thumbsup:
"I can on this occasion offer a replacement TX-65FZ952B, this is not currently available but the eta for stock is the end of June." Panasonic Europe Ltd.

Haven’t got it yet, will need to wait until it’s released in May.

I’ve picked up a 2nd hand projector for 3D duties since and the increased impact of a 104” screen makes me wonder if I even need a high end TV for movie watching anymore as the projector honestly isn’t miles off the ZT65 and infinitely better than LCD which I just can’t stand the backlight bleed unless it’s masked by a ton of ambient light. I’d say it’s about equal to the VT30 I had a few years back black level wise.
FYI...Release of TX-65FZ952B now delayed until after 19 June.

I suspected it might be delayed given we’ve heard nothing of a release day yet, I’m not particularly fussed since the ZT is still working for now.

RESULT! [emoji106]
"I can on this occasion offer a replacement TX-65FZ952B, this is not currently available but the eta for stock is the end of June." Panasonic Europe Ltd.
Wow....

I can hear current owners rummaging for the hairdryer to try and delaminate their screens to get an oled as a replacement :)
Hahahahhaha

Nah im just getting ready to tuck my zt in for the night *pats zt on the head*

Hahahahhaha

Nah im just getting ready to tuck my zt in for the night *pats zt on the head*

Would be nice if it went literally just before the warranty ran out though :)

Would be nice if it went literally just before the warranty ran out though :)
Lol yes...who knows. Does the warranty cover acts of God?

I suspected it might be delayed given we’ve heard nothing of a release day yet, I’m not particularly fussed since the ZT is still working for now.
Delivery confirmed from DKAVS for next Wednesday 27th June 2018. So will be off to the FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread

Delivery confirmed from DKAVS for next Wednesday 27th June 2018. So will be off to the FZ series (802 & 952) OLED Owners Thread
Really?! I’ve got nothing still from the same guys! :(

Did you contact them because I emailed two weeks ago and they said around 2 weeks.

I got an email last week from the contact at Panasonic dealing with my claim and he said shipping in the next two weeks before end of June, then I got an email from DKAVS yesterday saying it had arrived to them and delivery to me would be next Wednesday. Maybe give DKAVS a call and chase them up.

Damn it, I suspect because mine was an older order it just got forgotten or something. Oh well I’ve waited what 4/5 months I can wait some more.

Emailed them as soon as I saw your message :laugh:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom