The Panasonic TX-P42U30B Owner's Thread

Straight to the point.

Is there a better TV (gaming, blu-ray stuff) than this for a very dimly lit room with a £500~ budget? (I'm aware the S series are available for this but I'm not in the UK and the S and G series aren't sold here).

hi i'v had my panasonic for a few weeks now verey happy with it ,but i'v noticed dust behind the glass screen is this normal ie its laying at the bottom ?:confused:

Does anybody on here know the remote codes for a*tx-p42u30b with a silver BT vision remote?

I just recently purchased an LCD Tv and now feel like returning for this plasma.
I'm looking for suggestions.
hows the power consumption of the Panasonic, does this TV consume a lot power?

Hello all, my girlfriend has this TV and I have noticed an annoying issue with the picture when it is moving (refreshing) fairly fast. Skin tone takes on an almost waxy tone as if it has been painted? As I say, it is only apparent when the image refreshes or moves at a fairly fast rate.

I have tried to play around with the settings but to no avail, a google search is also pretty fruitless. Can anyone shed any light? Is it a setting issue, or a fault with the set? Thanks in advance.

I had a noticeable issue with fast-moving images, especially light areas against a dark background, becoming blurred, or leaving a trail. That was down to my receiver upscaling to 1080p. Setting it to pass through and letting the panel deal with the resolution fixed it.

Many thanks mate, I will certainly give that a look.

I just recently purchased an LCD Tv and now feel like returning for this plasma.
I'm looking for suggestions.
hows the power consumption of the Panasonic, does this TV consume a lot power?
Approximately 100 watts when running.

Hello all, my girlfriend has this TV and I have noticed an annoying issue with the picture when it is moving (refreshing) fairly fast. Skin tone takes on an almost waxy tone as if it has been painted? As I say, it is only apparent when the image refreshes or moves at a fairly fast rate.

I have tried to play around with the settings but to no avail, a google search is also pretty fruitless. Can anyone shed any light? Is it a setting issue, or a fault with the set? Thanks in advance.
This is normally caused by compression artifacts from the tv or video source and not the actual tv.

Had this TV a while now, just thinking of connecting an ethernet cable to it.
What does this do?
I see panasonic viera link and other things but I'm not too sure. So is it worth connecting a lead to this? Thanks

Had this TV a while now, just thinking of connecting an ethernet cable to it.
What does this do?
I see panasonic viera link and other things but I'm not too sure. So is it worth connecting a lead to this? Thanks
Firmware upgrading only.... not really much use.

Any Idea if I could plug a satellite straight into the back of this tv? I know you can do that with a few other models, just wondering if you can with this?

The end of the connection of my satellite is a screw type connection. I've checked the p42 and there is no connection to accommodate this. Could I get a converter and plug it into the aerial port? Would this work?

Hello, just wondering if you can help????
My plasma is gone dead when you turn it on it blinks green for a few seconds and then it goes off again..
Any ideas??
Many thanks

I'd try calling Panasonic and seeing if the warranty's still on.

Otherwise, and I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm likely looking to sell mine soon as I've replaced my TV. If you want any note about this (I may ebay it) just send me a message. :)

I'd try calling Panasonic and seeing if the warranty's still on.

Otherwise, and I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm likely looking to sell mine soon as I've replaced my TV. If you want any note about this (I may ebay it) just send me a message. :)

Please don't sell by pm, use the classified forum.;)

Sounds like dynamic false contouring to me.

Is the attachment similar to what she's seeing? Look at the woman's arms in particular.

Often happens as the camera pans and people's faces/bodies etc suddenly look like an oil based painting lol

This is really bad with a 50hz interlaced source.

It's not a faulty set though, just a trait of plasmas, and panasonics display it more than others.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi guys
I have one of these TVs, I am thinking about getting Netflix so is there any way of making this happen on this TV? I only have the TV so was thinking is there some sort of adapter for wifi?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom