The Panasonic LXD60 thread - Post here

philflow

Novice Member
Inspite of all the news about this model I haven't read any reviews about it.
It's propably the best 32 inch around, i suspect.

Does anyone already have the set? or seen it at a dealer?
Or read a review online? or in magazine?

Thanks for any info.

Relocation

Standard Member
To be honest with you , i am hoping that someone will reply to this thread, as i seem to have missed the boat as far as the Panasonic TX32LXD500 is concerned. Can't find one for love nor money!! Except at comet for a ludicrous amount of money!!:thumbsup:

thethinker_uk

Novice Member
Still waiting for delivery at our shop, expecting them any day, trade show next sunday will see them there will take pictures if I can.

Relocation

Standard Member
What shop do you work @ thethinker_uk??

D

Deleted member 92943

I have the LXD500 which i bought in November and still love it to death today. I saw the newer model and absolutley hated it. It looks a hoirrible light grey. The only downside to mine comapred to the nw one is that there's 2 HDMI slots which i would have liked alot to have.

My local dixons in Canterbury is doing he LXD500 for £1200 at the moment

po_man

lee_c00per said:
I have the LXD500 which i bought in November and still love it to death today. I saw the newer model and absolutley hated it. It looks a hoirrible light grey.
From what i can gather, the new model has a black surround (just like the outgoing LXD52/LXD500 models) - not grey.

NinjaMonkeyUK

I've just set up the TX-26LXD60 and TX-32LXD60 today and I can honestly say that on SD material they are not a patch on the older models. The picture is blurry and suffers from motion blur - if something moves quickly on screen it leaves a trail behind it.

The menus are cheap and the buttons are now on top of the set - useless if you're wall mounting it!

I'm not impressed at all and much prefer the picture quality on the older sets. We have a TX-32LXD60 sat next to a TX-26LXD500 and the picture quality is so much better on the LXD500.

I just hope that the new plasmas are not going to be the same, because I've got my eye on a TH37PX60! :evil:

funcky

Novice Member
I managed to see the new Pana lxd60s and plasmas today at Dixons. Hard to give real good impressions since it was'nt set up to good and the tv was on the highest shelf in the store. But I can say that motion was very good, no blur at all and minimal smearing, better than the Samsung R?1 next to it.

I could'nt get hold of the proper remote for it so I nicked the Pana plasma remote. Opened up the picture menu and to my surprise there were hardly any settings to change! There were 4 picture modes to choose from, colour, brightness, sharpness, contrast, temperature and noise reduction. These were the only picture settings that were there!?! That can't be right can it? or would u need the proper remote to access more settings?

funcky

Novice Member
Iron Monkey said:
I've just set up the TX-26LXD60 and TX-32LXD60 today and I can honestly say that on SD material they are not a patch on the older models. The picture is blurry and suffers from motion blur - if something moves quickly on screen it leaves a trail behind it.

The menus are cheap and the buttons are now on top of the set - useless if you're wall mounting it!

I'm not impressed at all and much prefer the picture quality on the older sets. We have a TX-32LXD60 sat next to a TX-26LXD500 and the picture quality is so much better on the LXD500.

I just hope that the new plasmas are not going to be the same, because I've got my eye on a TH37PX60! :evil:
Now that is strange u managed to see blur on a better set up than what saw, and I didn't notice the any motion blurring, only minor smearing, this was on a poor analogue signal. What else do u find wrong with the picture? I can't really judge the rest of the tv such as colours, blacks and other details since the feed was poor, so I'd just be critisizing the feed rather than the tv. The plasma on the other hand looked fantastic.

Uruloke

I have a TX-32LXD52 and I only see smearing when I first turn the TV on, it goes after a little while, once the TV has 'warmed up' so to speak. The picture is great!

NinjaMonkeyUK

Believe it.

They've cheapened the set. I've had them running side by side and there is a definite reduction in image quality for SD material. I haven't tried anything HD on it yet.

D

Deleted member 92943

I can believe that the newer models are worse.

Isn't the LXD600 for example meant to be £1399 when it launches. Compare that to the LXD500 which was best part of £2000 when it was released and it might seem possible.

ninja168

Novice Member
@Iron Monkey: Is it not the fact you have only just had the LXD60 on for a few days and comparing it to a LXD500 which have had many months for it's display to settle in? Yes, I am desperately hoping this is the case rather than Panny releasing a stinker of a successor :rolleyes:

DRAMBO

Novice Member
Iron Monkey said:
Believe it.

They've cheapened the set. I've had them running side by side and there is a definite reduction in image quality for SD material. I haven't tried anything HD on it yet.
Thanks for your Snap Judgement, I await other reviews. Your's seems too subjective to be believed.:confused:

greyhorse

Standard Member
Viewed the set yesterday and my panny agent said " They have stripped the lollocks out of it, its now cheap and not so good"

After all you get what you pay for :-( ---- thats that crossed of my list just down to the JVC and Sony V series 32" , panny let me down although Im waiting to see the top of the range model next week.

MikeMcr

This is disappointing news. Is the 600 likely to be cheap and nasty too? I was waiting for that over the 500 because I want 2 HDMI sockets (don't fancy getting a switcher). The press release made these sound so much better, faster response times etc. Am I better off trying to find a 500?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
If this is the case I would expect the 600s to be the more up-market range.

DRAMBO

Novice Member
ninja168 said:
@Iron Monkey: Is it not the fact you have only just had the LXD60 on for a few days and comparing it to a LXD500 which have had many months for it's display to settle in? Yes, I am desperately hoping this is the case rather than Panny releasing a stinker of a successor :rolleyes:
I remember when the LX50/LX500 was released last year, I went to to several Shops including the Local Panasonic Shop, Dixons,Comet, Miller Bros) and the Displays looked very poor, even compared to lower quality Brands. I read reviews in various mag's saying these Panny LCD TVs were among the best. Now when you view shop displays, the picture quality is outstanding.
It must be the initial factory settings that causes poor video quality. Consumer reports from Japan suggest the LX60 has the best picture quality for TVs in it's class.
:lesson:

NinjaMonkeyUK

Have any of you that are defending it actually seen it running with your own eyes yet? And seen it in direct comparison with the old model?

Well I have and I can tell you its just not as good as the old model.

Like greyhorse said, they have stripped it down to get the retail cost down. Its as simple as that. Even the menus look cheap and nasty compared to last year's models and there aren't even as many options...

Uruloke

At first I was a little gutted that I went for the LXD52 because it only has 1 HDMI port and the 60 has two, but if what some of you guys say is true, it looks like I've got the better TV. :clap:

NinjaMonkeyUK

You definitely have!

DRAMBO

Novice Member
Iron Monkey said:
Have any of you that are defending it actually seen it running with your own eyes yet? And seen it in direct comparison with the old model?

Well I have and I can tell you its just not as good as the old model.

Like greyhorse said, they have stripped it down to get the retail cost down. Its as simple as that. Even the menus look cheap and nasty compared to last year's models and there aren't even as many options...
The picture quality cannot be worse than it appeared when the LX50/500 was launched in April 2005. When I saw the display, I thought to myself this must be the worst looking LCD TV picture ever. Now when I view these in the shops, it looks one of the best. I remember reading glowing reviews in Video Magazines, and I could not believe that these were for the same TVs that I had viewed in the Shops. Now most accept that LX50/52/500 are top quality TV's
In fact I can remember many posts in this forums last April complaining about the Panasonic LCD's when they were first launched. It's happened again this year and I'm not Surprised.
As for the quality of materials used in manufacture, I agree with you that lower quality materials have been used. But what did you expect? Use the same materials and sell for a lower Price. It's not going to happen. I am sure, If you want a higher quality Panny LCD, then the LX600 will suffice.

As for Picture Quality,I am sure that in a few weeks time, as we get more Magazine & user reviews that your initial judgement will be shown to be hasty.
:lesson: