1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THe Panasonic AE100 16.9 Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by neo-uk, Jan 26, 2002.

1. neo-uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi there all was going to get the sony vpl untill i found out i could not mount it on the celling.

so the next projector out there seems to be the panny AE100
    i have read that it has a true 16.9 panel but was woundering
    if any one knew if it let you watch 4.3 pictures on the panel and put black boarders at the sides so it kepts the piture right
    as i have a few 4.3 or non anamorphic DVDs ahhhhh

and aslo has it got rgb settings and gamma settings like
    them sanyo plv30 cant wait to see it just hope the picture
    is not **** like the sanyo plv 30 with the lines running down
    the picture it was realy **** had to out foucos the picture to get rid of it and even them you could see it i loved the picture of the sony vpl it was realy sharp and colours was very rich with no lines running down it well what i could see just hope the panny has a could image like the sony

thanks for all your help

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Jul 28, 2000
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I don't know how correct this is, but, reading through spec sheets for it, Just mode was mentioned. If it's implemented like on their TV's, it simply leaves the majority of the centre of the pic untouched, ie, 4:3 and stretches out the sides to fill a 16:9 ratio. It works very well on my 32" Pan TV. So if it is the same, then that will do fine.
    That's a 'big' reason for me to look at this 16:9 projector. I use Auto Just all the time, so it's ideal as everything is either 16:9 or pseudo 16:9. Good compromise. The best I've seen.
    As for a true 4:3 mode, I don't know. Didn't look for it to be honest, I've been widescreen for a few years now and never looked back.