• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Pact (BBC)

mafaa

Distinguished Member

BBC Cymru Wales has announced that it has commissioned a brand new crime drama.

With a strong cast and gripping storyline, The Pact is set to follow the likes of Un Bore Mercher.

With filming starting this week, the drama will follow the story of five friends, a sudden death and a web of lies

The Pact brings together a stellar cast including Laura Fraser, who takes centre stage alongside Julie Hesmondhalgh, Eddie Marsan and a host of established Welsh talent including Aneurin Barnard, Eiry Thomas, Heledd Gwynn, Abbie Hern, Aled ap Steffan, Jason Hughes and Mark Lewis Jones, as well as Gabrielle Creevy, who won Best Actress in the 2019 BAFTA Cymru awards for her role in the hit BBC drama In My Skin.

This looks interesting, I'm running out of crime shows to watch so will definitely stick this on the watch list

mcbainne

Distinguished Member
This looks interesting, I'm running out of crime shows to watch so will definitely stick this on the watch list

Have you seen Hinterland? another Welsh based crime drama, just finished it and it's decent

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
If only the police gathered everyone’s mobile phones in episode 2, they could have closed in on some suspects :facepalm:

Last edited:

Garrett

Found it pretty generic how many times do we have a plot where
someone accidentally gets killed and rather than admit to it cover up and get into worst trouble I almost read on the text at the end I know what you did last summer.

Anyone know what that thing is that copious amounts of water was draining down at the start is it some thing for a generator, I know there one on Ladybower.

Edit
an overflow directed to rives.

Last edited:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
someone accidentally gets killed and rather than admit to it cover up and get into worst trouble I almost read on the text at the end I know what you did last summer.

Anyone know what that thing is that copious amounts of water was draining down at the start is it some thing for a generator, I know there one on Ladybower.

Edit
TC will probably do a stunt on that next
Mission Impossible Ladybower 😮

Garrett

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I have the first two episodes recorded, ready for watching this evening. At first glance, it does look a bit formulaic.

encaser

Distinguished Member
Terrible 💩 this.
Typically, all the shows of late that take the female perspective reveal only one thing, they act as bad or worse than males but it's justifiable. Er. OK.
The twist is always that the woman's angle is somehow more worthy but the things going on in this, were the genders swapped where possible, and all of them would've been judged rather worse for sure. The victim in the woods is written off. Their tears are not enough.
The scenes with the rev and Nancy, particularly the end ones, were cringe inducingly laughable. Like some modernised scene of forbidden love. Yikes.
In a substantive sense, this celebrates criminality and the result in a ridiculous badge of valour sense, from which all come out on top and smelling of roses.
Hateful tripe - I think that's the series two title.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 843310

I binge watched all 6 episodes last night and "oh dear" is all I can muster for this.

The best bits were always the trippy opening titles!

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Yeah we finished it last night as well. Didn’t care for any of the characters and am not sure how they managed to drag it out for 6 episodes.

Another watered down “drama” from the bbc.

D

Deleted member 843310

Yeah we finished it last night as well. Didn’t care for any of the characters and am not sure how they managed to drag it out for 6 episodes.

Another watered down “drama” from the bbc.
Yeah it could easily have been done in 3 episodes at the most.

gibbsy

Edit
Some of it was filmed close to me in Cefn-coed-y-cymmer for the house with the beautiful viaduct and the River Taff Fawr in the background. The viaduct carried the Brecknock and Merthyr Railway Line known affectionally as the Breakneck and Murder line because the step incline caused so many accidents.

The railway had the longest continuous incline of any line in the UK at seven miles along with the highest railway tunnel in the UK at Torpantau. The line closed in 1962. There are two stone viaducts on the line, the Cefn-coed viaduct is curved as the ironmaster Crawshay Bailey, owner of the massive Cyfartha Ironworks would not allow it to be built on his land. The second is the Pontsarn viaduct over the River Taff Fechan. (Below). Part of the old trackbed is now used for the Brecon Mountain Railway, a narrow guage line.

The brewery is the Rhymney Brewery located in Blaenavon.

161620502.ocKZN9nd.jpg

D

Deleted member 843310

Some of it was filmed close to me in Cefn-coed-y-cymmer for the house with the beautiful viaduct and the River Taff Fawr in the background. The viaduct carried the Brecknock and Merthyr Railway Line known affectionally as the Breakneck and Murder line because the step incline caused so many accidents.

The railway had the longest continuous incline of any line in the UK at seven miles along with the highest railway tunnel in the UK at Torpantau. The line closed in 1962. There are two stone viaducts on the line, the Cefn-coed viaduct is curved as the ironmaster Crawshay Bailey, owner of the massive Cyfartha Ironworks would not allow it to be built on his land. The second is the Pontsarn viaduct over the River Taff Fechan. (Below). Part of the old trackbed is now used for the Brecon Mountain Railway, a narrow guage line.

View attachment 1516373
Beautiful.

Garrett

View attachment 1516373
Done a bit of touring in Wales albeit mainly in the north and there some really lovely places there.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
We finished it last night. Really enjoyed it tbh. Not a classic but even allowing for massive plot holes we were gripped.

MartinH32

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Gave up on it just into episode 2. Two predictable. The only good point about the show was the scenery. Hinterland was much better.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom