The Pacific pre order + exclusive add ons

denzyl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This series now has a pre order date of 1st November and most of the major sites are adding their own extra with the series
ie amazon.co.uk
play.com
hmv

so far pre- order price to beat is £36.99 if any one finds a better price please update

ps just found out US release date is 2nd November

Last edited:
Not bad at all though once you figure in Quidco.

I am pretty confident that the price will drop below 25 quids few months after the release.

BOB took 8 months to get down to £25 and a year for it be down to £18.

I'm not sure if this will drop that quick you know. As above, BoB wasn't exactly that fast and you have to consider that it had already been out on DVD for years by the time it came out on Blu. Indeed, I remember watching it on re-runs on Dave before it came out. I expect a price drop, but to be around the £20 mark I would doubt for a while. Alas, I hope to be proven wrong!

I give it six months before it drops to 20 - 25 quid. I can wait, considering it'll be on my shelf for six months gathering dust before I even get around to watching it.

Prices drop a lot quicker now than they used too, now the BD market is a 'little' more established.

I'm guessing 'add-ons' are freebie tat :confused:

I give it six months before it drops to 20 - 25 quid. I can wait, considering it'll be on my shelf for six months gathering dust before I even get around to watching it.

Prices drop a lot quicker now than they used too, now the BD market is a 'little' more established.
17.99 seems to be a more popular price point when discounted than the 20-25 point. I'm sure it'll be at that level early in the new year.

Its 36.85 at zavvi, but if you want something else (clone wars s1 perhaps) there is a £5 of £50 code "save5"

I'm not sure if this will drop that quick you know. As above, BoB wasn't exactly that fast and you have to consider that it had already been out on DVD for years by the time it came out on Blu. Indeed, I remember watching it on re-runs on Dave before it came out. I expect a price drop, but to be around the £20 mark I would doubt for a while. Alas, I hope to be proven wrong!

you also has to take into account how good BoB was and how crap Pacific is, well compared to BoB anyway

Ste7en said:
I'm guessing 'add-ons' are freebie tat :confused:
Just noticed that HMVs version is an exclusive...why? We'll have to wait and see apparently

hmv.com: blu-ray: Pacific 6blu Box Set Hmv Exclusive (2010)

Unfortunately, it is this piece of freebie tat that means they can call it exclusive...

hmv exclusive - order your copy now and receive an exclusive Pacific-branded carabina keyring, with built-in compass. Available while stocks last.

Pacific: 6blu: Box Set: Hmv Exclusive

Same here but not expecting it to arrive tomorrow, my last few orders were sent 2nd class and didn't arrive till the Monday.

Blockbusters have now added £23 worth of reward vouchers to their deal. Does anyone know how you can use these?

Vouchers are mostly 2 for 1 on rentals, but also £1 extra for trade-ins, money off for buying pre-owned, and a few other offers. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom